Monday, March 21, 2011

sidewalk chalk


AHHHHHH...to me there is NOTHING better than this. A brand new box of colors (this happens to be side walk chalk)...just think of the possibilities.... I absolutely LOVE a new box, always have, since I was a kid. And since I was a kid I had had weird OCD rules for my new box of colors...which actually has always seemed funny to me since I am totally not like that at all in my real life (wish I was a little more)! When I get a new box I like to keep them in straight lines, in color order:
red
orange
yellow
green
blue
purple
brown
grey
black

and I like only one out at a time...
and I like things to be sort of organized in MY way so I can create something.

But this box wasn't mine. It's Griff's (thanks Aunt Connie)! And when you have a 3 year old who isn't really into art projects you can't be super picky. It was a beautiful day and most importantly this was the first real "art" project G has participated in for more than 5 minutes. We had such a great time, just he and I while Bean was asleep decorating the driveway. He loved it.


When I drew the M on this pic below he asked me if I was going to write Mc Donalds...hey, at least he is associating letters???? When I said, no I am writing mommy and then drew the heart, he said "you are writing Mommy loves Griffy and Beanie!" He was right.


and on Ryan's side of the drive we made some message's to encourage him whether he's pulling in...


or pulling out:(...


I threw out my rules and we left Griffy's new favorite medium like this...


beautifully messy and perfect, just like him...cause who needs color order when you're having fun with your 3 year old! He always helps me remember how fun life is.

I loved doing side walk chalk with you today dude!

2 comments:

AAA said...

Awww! So cute Abs! I love it! Adam and I actually used the "chalk paint" to paint over this poster thing I had and we love "chalking" random things on it! I will have to post it so you can see":) Aww...this makes me want to just quit teaching and hang out with you and Grif and Beanie all day!

Unknown said...

you are the most creative person i know!! even with sidewalk chalk art!!! :)