Sunday, March 27, 2011

March Madness Family Night

Life has for one reason or another been a little madness, so fittingly we had a family night that was sort of last minute thrown togetherness, but none the less it was our night and it was fun and....


Ry + G + Beanie + me =US
and I LOVE us:)
plus, if I am honest, I am a "thrown together" kind of girl.


Our night started out like this...
credit for the meal goes to:

Kate Spade for the adorable china that I just decided to bust out, I mean if you aren't going to use it on the people you love most, who is it for, right??

Giada De Laurentiis for the delicious Italian recipes that I can (usually...haha) make successfully! They are yummy, even if she does make some more than questionable noises while cooking.

Ryan for whipping together a salad with Crazins as an ingredient. Seriously you guys, when we met this was not even in the realm of possibilities.

....and the people who thought of these noodles:


It's hard to tell but they were long and curly and every thing that a noodle should be. Griffin and I, being the extreme noodle lovers that we are, were especially thrilled.

Dinner came to an abrupt end due to Beanie's diaper, draw conclusions as you will by Ryan's face...haha!


Next we moved on to Griffin's new favorite game which is sort of like a basketball/bozo buckets type mash up that we made up one afternoon. It is called brick-dodge-ball-basketball. We taught it to daddy for family night and had blast playing.


To play you need some buckets and anything you have around to throw into them (we used soft balls and these cardboard bricks...not so soft but works none the less).


High five....he got one in. It's also nice if you have your very own 3 year old to play this made up game with because the rules can change at any moment and anything you do could be a "win". Also, he thinks I am awesome because I can shoot so many in, and so I will let him go on filling me up with these compliments..."wow mommy, you rock at baskets"...I mean, there's no reason to enlighten him on the true stats of my basketball career, "you rock" works just great for me.


Family self portrait...sigh...because I love them, and because it was the a second where no one was moving, which is so rare in our house.


I'm a pretty lucky girl! These two belong to me...
and hubby made us some delicious chocolate dip to swirl some fruit into!!



and that was family night. We ran out of daylight for our movie so we featured it Sunday night. Nothing fancy (except our plates...haha) - just some good ole fashion us time!

***If you look closely you get a sneak peek at our new and improved toy room! Still needs a few odds and ends, so I'll do the big reveal when (hopefully sometime in the next year:)!) I get all those touches (that only I really care about) finished!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

This is so great and so like you to be creative in the little things. i wish i could come over to your house for a cup of coffee and a nice chat. miss you lots and hope you had fun in florida!