Tuesday, March 15, 2011

8 have been GREAT!


Happy 8 months to our


semi serious


yet curious & mischievous


bright eyed & bushy tailed


constantly wondering what in the world is going on


pudgy little peanut!

Beanie man:
You decided to commemorate this milestone with your very own set of 8 pearly whites...that's right, you now have one tooth for each month...and that's a mouthful (trust me!)! Crawling??? That's old news! You are onto pulling up and figuring out how to move yourself around upright. You need to be moving and exploring and grabbing and chewing constantly. It is just about impossible to dress you (I read a little thing equating dressing babies to trying to get an octopus into a sack...and that is what I picture every time I try to stuff one of your arms or legs into a sleeper before you slip away)! You squeal with delight and also when you get angry and it cracks us up both ways. You can pull out quite the 'tude! Your laugh is still this hearty chuckle that you reserve until just the right thing strikes you and when I hear it, I just couldn't love you more! You still aren't a great sleeper but we are working on it...letting you do a little crying and seeing if you can self sooth in some way, although it is excruciating for me to let you cry. Good thing daddy is strong! You have been eating a few bites of table food, and doing great with that, so I am sure before we know it baby food will be old hat! You follow me around the house, crawling in a dead sprint to get to me and I love feeling your chubby little arms wrap around my leg as I try to cook dinner or change the laundry. It's nice to have a buddy as I do house work, although I will admit I don't get much done with you around! As every month passes I am trying not to linger on the way you are less and less my baby and love all that a new month of getting to know you brings! There is LOTS with each new one!


I had to take these pics in your little hat, I ordered this for you right about this time last year while you were in my belly! You wore it for your first pictures and now it is almost too small and time for Spring! It hardly seems possible that we already have to pack it up! But you are growing and seeing your infectious toothy grin get bigger and bigger is so fun!

You are loved little man! Happy 8 months & many many many more!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Abbi:

I saw this picture and thought this is something I could see in the Eccelston house...

http://www.designspongeonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/katie_after21.jpg

Sending love,

Ashley G. Boumgarden