Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oh the Places We'll Go.....

I do not like Green Eggs and Ham, I do not like them GRIFF I am!

Lucky for us and every elementary school teacher in the US, it was Doctor Seuss's Birthday this week and G man's school did some celebrating! When I was teaching I loved doing this and LOVED even more seeing Griff get to participate in the Doctor Seuss silliness! I am totally a sucker for reading my kids books that I read as a kid and Doctor Seuss books fit that ticket of coarse! Although Griff usually is not super interested in my detailed history of who, what, where, why & when I still think it's fun to share!

On Monday they had silly sock day and of coarse Sunday night at 5pm we were out at Target trying to find some socks that qualified as silly to a 3 year old. Apparently argyle doesn't fall under that category and neither do plain tube socks....soooooo we went to the lady's section where I offered a few striped and polka dotted selections....to which Ryan put the ole kibosh on. So I wasn't left with much choice. We scoured Target for something cheep we could glue or sew onto some white tube socks, and here is what we came up with my friends....



a 2 dollar pack of plastic frogs later we have....FROG silly socks.
Who wouldn't want gummy frogs sewn to their socks??!! He had a blast sporting these slimy friends to school with him! When he woke up he yelled, "YES! It's silly sock day!" So precious!

On Wednesday it was Jammie day!


So we put on some super hero jams and headed back to school! They had popcorn and watched "The Cat in the Hat" which was right up this little mans alley and he made a classic construction paper striped cat hat, which was broken the first stop we made after preschool! So we retired it to our art gallery in the garage.

In other silly news, Griffin has requested that I chauffeur him around like this....


He says, "mom, you drive around with my fire hat! That will be the best, don't you think??"
Now, how can I say no to that?

So we've been quite colorful this week! Haha! And even though Griffy wasn't so sure about the eating of green eggs, I may just have to get my food coloring out at breakfast time before the week is over!

No comments: