Sunday, October 12, 2008

A weekend at home makes us HAPPY:)!



If I could describe to you the absolute adoration that I have for this season, I would but I am not sure it's possible. I HEART the fall. I just have to go on record saying God out does himself every year. Each year I am just sure that the colors get brighter, the pumpkins are bigger, pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING smells and tastes even more delicious, and a hot cup of whatever is better on a crisp morning in your sweats. I thought that nothing could beat the ridiculously giddy feeling I get just decorating our place for Halloween.....ask my husband, you will be greeted with an eye roll and a hope that I don't find anything else orange colored I "must have"! I plan for a month....make a paper chain....and count down the days until it wouldn't be ridiculous to fill my house to the brim with pumpkins, candy corn, and strange little Halloween figures that I myself can't explain but I have to have them, more every year. To some it may seem that Halloween got sick and puked everywhere, but to me it's a sweet breath of lovely. I am overboard I admit it! What I didn't see coming was the thing that added even more to my love of this....and I have a feeling every.....season and that is GRIFFIN.....being a mom. Having him around makes Ryan and I so amazingly AMAZED at everything in the world again. I am pretty sure that being a parent and witnessing all the fun of being a kid is maybe more exhilarating than being one. Ryan and I are so excited to share with Griff all the things about life that make us excited. Football....the Huskers, pumpkins and costumes, and being with our friends are just a few we can name as of late.


Mom's and kiddo's....at this point, it's just about bedtime, but we got a shot!


This weekend we finally had some time to just be a family at home in our new hood(almost a year!! ~we can't believe it!!!)! Saturday night we had 4 families over for some soup, chilli, and wild times with one year olds! All told there were 10 adults, 6 kids, and lots of chaos....but lots of fun! I underesitmated how much joy it would bring me to watch Griffin play with other kids (we're a little lonely here, just he and I on the weekdays:)!!) I did notice I may have my work cut out for me on the sharing thing.....no daycare, only child = I have never had to share ANYTHING! It was so fun though to watch him interact....he even went in for a kiss with Rory, to which she gave him the "friend" hug....you go girl! We love our friends from church and love that we can all come, unpack highchairs, goldfish crackers, and blocks and just be!


Sunday we did the pumpkin patch. It ended up being the one I grew up going to! We did a pony ride, petting zoo, and train ride........and Griffin got to do somethings too! Kidding.....but honestly, Ry and I enjoyed it more than we (ok, let's be honest, I begged to go....pleaded for weeks, but I will tell you that Ryan did crack a very kiddish smile when we got there and saw the majesty that was the Sunny Acres Pumpkin Patch.....I am pretty sure he even had a great time!)thought we would! It was a blast....I am so pumped to do annual trips there, I am so excited to do a mini trick or treat session with him, and eat turkey on Thanksgiving, and dress up the yard with lights for Christmas....I am one large child, and we are loving every moment of sharing the moment with G man. This is why you have a family....some times they make you miserable but it's the moments at the pumpkin patch that make the "ride" worth while.



Giddy UP! My first pony ride!



I can't lie to you....I am loving this, does my smile say it all? Can anyone think of a reason Ryan won't move us to a small little farm with just a few small goats, sheep, and chickens?...cause he won't!

Daddy said NO, they aren't coming home with us!


driving the tractor....his favorite part....a farm boy at heart!


...just the boys...playing away!

Chooooo choooooo!!!

...loving this place!

Life is GOOD!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhh, so great, so cute.

i heart the pumpkin patch. and i heart your little orange halloween-y things...as long as they are in your house and not mine *smile*

love!

Mom said...

God bless you Abigail for sharing your heart and your experiences with our beautiful Griffin. We appreciate so much the effort you put into this blog and for making it real back home to us in Nebraska. Ry and Griffin are two lucky guys. Love and more love, Dad & Mom Ecc

andrea said...

this post is just one of the MANY MANY reason why I flipp'n LOVE you!

Ry and Griffy are so very lucky!!