Tuesday, October 14, 2008

just a thought.....

In my bible study this morning we had to pick out one thing from this week that stood out to us and then everyone in the small group got to reflect on what hit them about the particular passage. It's amazing how one sentence or thought hits everyone so differently, depending where you are in life. Here's what I picked.

"God is both the Alpha & Omega. When our lives are immersed in him, every ending, everything we believe to be the death of us is instead a hand engraved invitation to a new beginning."
Beth Moore

I picked this because I love the idea of God being the Alpha and the Omega. Trying to wrap my head around something being the very beginning and already having the end planned is impossible, but something that I wrestle with....and love to. So often my human "tunnel vision" doesn't allow me to see the new beginning, only to morn what has ended. Just something I am working on......thought I would share it with you!

1 comment:

It Happens Here said...

I ADORE Beth Moore! I am so glad for you that you are studying anything that she offers. Such a great historian as well as Bible scholar.

AND...today I had a similar "thankful moment" when I realized that in the end, ain't it worth it all to know that we will be His and in His presence for all of eternity! It's kinda like reading a fairy tale, "and they all lived happily ever after...the end." And the image of happily ever after lives on in our minds forevermore because, that is the end. I like it.

And, I like you!!! You're little boy is absolutely beautiful, which I won't get away with much longer as a description because he's becoming a big boy!

Next time you come around to Nebraska, consider a stop at the Hoins house. WE (meaning me, because I never get to go to the games) would love to see you guys!