Friday, May 30, 2008

Our other "family member" and oranges.....

This morning has been full of surprises. What morning isn't?!?! My two kids decided it was training day for mom and each in their own special way have left a path of destruction....
Here are their stories:
So if you know our family, you know we have another member that is not often mentioned in this blog.......If you were to rewind to just a mere two years ago it seemed that this little creature is all we could talk about, weighing in at 8 pounds of fury.....our dog Maci is the one I am referring to. ....and yes, I am aware that we became the crazy dog people. About 3 weeks after we got married Maci found a way into our home and hearts and left a mark there.....oh and also all over the carpet in our apartment but that's a story for another day! We brought her up to our apartment the first night, she crawled up on Ryan's shoulders and fell asleep and that was it for all of us, she was home. We felt like we had a new baby. We brought her everywhere, talked about her all the time, and missed her when we left (this does sound slightly crazy as I am typing, but hey we love our dog!) Needless to say she was totally spoiled and doted over by us and you can about imagine the hit she has taken since another little angel entered the picture:)! I have been feeling rather guilty over this....she gets shoved to the side more often than not (but honestly who licks a dirty diaper....it's hard enough to change a kid who is squirming like he's on fire without having someone in there for a taste test) From her cage she stares me down as if to say #1. you chose the kid again and stuck me in this cage and #2. I missed out on a delicious snacking opportunity......I really don't like you anymore......and for the past year we've exchanged these looks.
In the wake of my guilt I passed over Oprah last night while channel surfing. She had a dog on, and as an animal lover, I stopped. Never should of done that. It was a show to raise awareness about puppy mills. I cried the rest of the show....and a little into the night. Why do I watch that stuff.....seriously, I cry when I pass a trailer of cows or pigs on the interstate.....Ryan tells me they are going to camp, but I know where they are going. Anyways, back to the point....this morning I was geared up to go to a puppy mill, break in and save millions of puppies and bring them back to the house and we could all live together, like 101 dalmatians.....when I felt a strange wet sensation across my face.......I knew what this was about but I pretended to sleep a little longer.
Then I heard Ryan yell.....Ab, she needs to go outside and I need to finish getting ready.
Ok, fine I drag myself out the warm and cozy bed and head downstairs.....I don't want my dog to feel anything even close to puppy mill. She runs around the yard....does her thing....and flies back in the door and up to bed.
On my way back to bed my nostrils are flooded with something that could be considered a mix of BO and rotting eggs. I scream just a little, because this smell has brought me even more out of my sleep walking state. Ryan comes over and has a sniff....but neither of us can figure out the source of that rancid smell and we both have things to do. Ry needs to fix his hair, I have 15 more minutes until the boy is UP so we both move on. I lay down, arrange all the pillows around me, snuggle my head into my blanket and call Maci over to snuggle. She trots over and curls up right in front of my face. I wrap my arms around her and think about all the puppies at the mill who never get snuggled......and OH MY GOSH, something poisonous floods my face. I force my eyes open but only because I think I am crying from the stench and there it is. My dog (yes, the one I am snuggling with) is covered in poo.....most likely rabbit. SICK....ok that doesn't cover the grossness...but SICK!
Ryan looks at me and says, sorry you are going to have to take care of that, I am all ready for work....I figured. Off to the shower we go........and to update you, she still smells like dirty socks. Ryan is picking up a "stronger" shampoo on his way home.


Maci....exhausted after enduring a bath



Here, just looking irritated that I not only took away her glorious scent but also am now taking a picture with flash of her.


So, I guess today I am putting the puppy mill off. Although I am still passionate about it I have lost my zeal for the morning, try me again this afternoon.

To add insult to injury my other baby smashed up and threw his oranges all over the floor and when I told him NO in my sternest voice, he laughed at me. Then he tried to stand up in his high chair and cannonball out....REALLY Griff? Future career??? OJ maker!


Griff after 1st clean looking very innocent

After I got them both cleaned up, counted to 10, and breathed deep(semi clean air.....let's get out some air freshener) I looked down at them, both sitting at my feet.....and realized that it's not yet 8:30....a.m.! No, no....realized that I love them despite the mess....that is the lesson learned here today....although I can't help thinking how much day is left....and does anyone know a cleaning lady who minored in doggie daycare? I am definitely postponing the trip to the puppy mill....that's a problem for a whole other day......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is cute...and funny...your days are definitely more interesting than mine! and let's do...raid the puppy mills together! :)

Kate said...

AWWWW AB! You poor precious thing! This post was cracking me UP!