Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh the places we'll go!

Happy Graduation Al!
A Super Couple SURPRISE reunion
the fam
Griff & Lyla sharing a bottle of baby wash!
Two adorable rays of sunshine!

There has been lots going on here in the last month, and looking at the calendar it doesn't seem to lighten up anytime soon....but that's fine with us! We're ready for a summer full of crazy travel....Griff, we hope you like your new car seat, because it will be very well broken in by August! We were in Nebraska last weekend and will be there again this weekend. Griff and I were able to stay extra to get in some time with Ry's fam and we got to see some friends along the way too! We went for my sister, Ali's, graduation from college.....can you believe she is done....and newly employed, I still feel like she is in high school! Next weekend we will be back for Ryan's sister, Sara's, graduation from High school. When I first met her she had just started Jr. High....unbelievable! She is going to college at UNL.....Ryan and I are so proud to have another Husker in the fam! CONGRATS to the sisters!

At Ali's grad we saw our best friends from college....at random. Casey's brother graduated too and she saw my aunt in the bathroom, which lead them to us....so that was our favorite surprise of the weekend. I also got to see some old friends from where I taught school in Ashland.....and Griff's favorite stop....his friend Lyla's house. We were able to pop in and see our friends Linds and Lyla! Lyla is the beautiful babe pictured above born just a little before Griff. Her mom and I traded the kids this fall when we worked so it was a blast for me to see them together when they actually realized each other was there.....they are so funny! Lyla is waving and dancing and absolutely adorable. She even gave Griff a goodbye kiss on the head....now you don't get much sweeter than that!

More travels and pics to come!

4 comments:

andrea said...

Congrats Al on your graduation! Looks like a great weekend in NE!

Lindsey said...

Abbi!!! Love the new pics - we miss you guys already! Stop by next weekend if you get a break!

Love you, Linds and Lyla

Unknown said...

YAY for surprise reunions! perfect.

Kimberly said...

I'm so sad that I didn't get a surprise reunion, but so happy that you got to see Zach and Casey and other friends and family. Ashley even gets to see you more than I do. :( Poo...I hope all is well. I tried to call you back, but didn't get an answer. Would love to chat. Hard to catch each other at the right times. Miss you.