Wednesday, May 14, 2008

the MR to my MRS


....at 19




...at 23


This Wednesday is the 3rd year of Mr. & Mrs. Eccleston.....SO WEIRD! In my head I am still the girl in the first picture.....19 and loving sitting in my boyfriend's dorm room until 3 a.m. talking about nothing......when in fact those days are so long gone......how? In the last 3.5 years we have....
*both graduated from college
*got married
*got jobs
*got a dog
*moved 3 times
*found out and survived our first pregnancy
*quit our first jobs
*had a beautiful baby boy
Can't believe that this is already all behind us, so blessed that it's part of us, but it's behind us.....I just can't believe it!
Now instead of dressing up for theme parties, blowing money on football tickets and running to the stadium on game days, and ordering pizza at 1:30 we are out weeding the yard of dandelions(ok, Ry I know we haven't actually done it yet, but I promise I will help you do it....ehhhhh), spending our life savings to fence in our yard, and mixing up another bottle. It does seem like quite a jump, but I would like to think that we have made it as gracefully as can be expected. It didn't happen overnight, but somehow in all the mess of life we have made it here.....and the ride hasn't been just a smooth Sunday drive, but I am pretty sure that that kind of ride would be super boring. We could count for hours all the mistakes and stupid things we've done, but we're learning to not sweat that stuff....just keep building history and learning in the process.
...at 26 (parents to a (almost) 1 year old!)

The most important thing to me is that after 3 years of marriage, 3 places lived in, a dog, a kid, and lots of obstacles inbetween we can still smile at each other and not take life too seriously. Lots of things have changed, but not that...and the fact that you are still carrying my giant camera around but it's not to take pictures at A-phi parties but of our son. Love you baby.....let's take a pic like this when were 80.....I probably won't know who you are but I think I will look just as cute in these shades!

3 comments:

andrea said...

Happy anniversary to the Eccleston's! I can't believe it has been three years already...you have accomplished so many wonderful things in this time! I love you both dearly!

Unknown said...

i agree!

to our other half...happy happy anniversary...could we ever have dreamed all those years back at applebees (ewww!) that a little grif would one day come of the crazy pair in the booth across from us? i'm so glad...that "ry and ab" are in the world. and that i've gotten to enjoy the wild ride! love you like i love bunk bed sleepovers, nights with the pirate, hospital bathrooms, the BEAST, 4th of july at the lakehouse, and so much more!

Kate said...

HAPPY (belated) ANNIVERSARY to one of the cutest couples ever!
That post was precious Ab. I'm so glad God brought you two together! I gotta remind myself...He knows what He's doing! :)