Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Birthday dear Griffin, Happy Birthday to you.....

my new ride...a shiney sport coupe!
time to party!
Dad and I
Dad making my crazy face!
my family!
some aunts and uncles
as you can see, I LOVE cake!another piece please!
now I can be like dad!another big boy toy, my train table!

June 1st, 2007 our first baby was born and Sunday marked 1 year! I remember each precious moment in the hospital, from my water breaking in the OB waiting room to the very first time I got to hold him(heaven on earth)! To me thinking that a year has gone by is impossible....I actually remember being out with him as a newborn and people would always say, "oh enjoy it, it goes too fast..." It always annoyed me because I didn't want to think about the possibility of time passing without me having a hold on it. As a mom though, I guess you never can. Griffin is absolute JOY and makes our world perfection even though we do have stressful moments (what parents don't!?!?!). Ryan and I have learned and grown so much all from a little 20+ pound ball of heaven. I am pretty sure almost all parents feel this way about their kids, which is why it is so cool that God lets us each have our own little families to love, cherish, and dote over (isn't that what he does with us!) Parenting is just the best gift....best surprise....and most exciting adventure for Ryan and I both and if this is just one year, we can't wait to see what else is in store! Enjoy photos of our 1 year celebration! I think that the cake was a HIT!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness...best birthday party ever! that pic with the cake all over will be classic slideshow material someday. happy birthday griffin!

Stacy Peterson said...

Looks like quite the party! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRIFFIN! Lovely post- it makes me happy to hear you so happy as a Mom!

Abby Tigulis said...

Happy Birthday Griffin!! LOVE the cake pictures!! It's amazing how time can go so fast. Hopefully we can see you sometime this summer!! Lots of love!!