Thursday, May 22, 2014

It's May & I'm posting Halloween and Christmas.

Well, I have majorly failed on my blogging this year.  I am not sure that it matters to anyone else, but I think since it's the end of the school year & my kids suddenly seem so grown up I am feeling sentimental and didn't want them to have a year undocumented.  Also, I have an itch to do some writing (again, I think I am just feeling sentimental!  Ha!  Looking back through all these pics has me thinking how much would be lost if there weren't a camera on my phone!!)  So I'll just post a lot of pics and hopefully get myself to a place where I can actually post some current stuff...maybe!!??!!  It's kind of a reflection of where we're at with life.  A 2 & 3 year under one roof is actually a lot like living at the circus...there's stunts & shows & choas & snacks & poop.  And very little time to write or sit or breath...haha!

Halloween seems to be where I left off.....
For Halloween this year, we had 2 garden gnomes and an Iron Patriot.  We also had hand, foot & mouth disease.  It was nasty and you can thank me later for not posting the pics of poor Beanie.  We'll just say that as the name would imply, there was a rashy gross thing covering Sawyer and Crosbi's hands, feet and mouths.  Ew!  So glad we made it through that and onto Trick or Treating!  I love this Top Pic because it totally tells where our kids are at this year...Griff totally into being Griff, Beanie wondering what Griff is doing and Crosbi looking to Bean for direction.  






We decorated the porch, went to a neighborhood Halloween party & trick or treated with the neighbors!  

Beanie had an awesome year at school this year.  His teachers were just the sweetest ladies and he met great friends.  Here is a close up of him from the Fall class pic.  He is such an adorable little red frosted cupcake!  This picture of him makes me melt and he is perfectly placed right between his best little school buddy, Griffin (not his brother, his friend as he always says) and the woman he refers to as his girlfriend, Roara (Laura).


And I got to help at the Thanksgiving Day Feast.  Hilarious.  



Mrs. Coates & Mrs. Stabile and all their sweet 3 year olds!


And speaking of Turkey Day, Jason & I ran in the Gobbler Hobbler...


Sweet, sweet Ryan painted stripes in our dining room in time for the party we hosted the Friday after Thanksgiving...


and as usual, our weekly daily trips to Target were nothing short of a chaotic show of terror delight!!

This fall there was a lot of snuggling & sibling love in our house.  We both said that one of our favorite things this year has been watching relationships form between our kids.  They all have a silly way they relate to each other and it kills us to watch them interact sweetly with each other.  Crosbi lovingly calls her brothers Mee mee (Beanie) and Nin (Griffin).  I love it when she yells out for them.  And just so you know I'm not story telling...with increased sibling love comes increased sibling fighting and we've had a lot of that too. Ha!  But the love is more fun to document and talk about.


Having a sister in the house keeps us on our toes in a whole new way.  This little lady loves her some dress up & accessories.  And her best worn accessory is for sure her bed head.  
It's her signature move!



Griff also hit the jackpot at school this year!  We love his teacher Ms. Pulsa and he's met some great friends too! He comes home everyday with the most entertaining and creative art he's made in class and in "creative time".  These Griffin nesting dolls could not bring me more joy...hahaha!  I am so excited he's showing some interest in art, I love it!


And that brings us to Christmas!  Whew!  Christmas came with it's usual suspects...


Itsy Bitsy the elf was back to his shenanigans....


And so was daddy, who "Clark Griswalded" our first real Christmas tree.  
(Only disappointment for me was that no live squirrel was hiding inside)



We decorated for the first time in our house on Norway and it was so fun!


and we celebrated with Bows & Bow Ties and Best friends!


We made peppernuts...


and tired to have a little family moment at home.




Crosbi got her first doll which she loving calls "bobby" and will not part with and the boys got superheros and legos!  Ryan & I got our carpet cleaned as we spilled some red wine while the opening was happening. Never a dull!! 


 

The two of us had a blast shopping & getting ready for Christmas, 
so fun & blessed to be able to give our kids a little magic.



And as usual we got in lots of celebrating in with both families and extended families!

  




Claire, Ollie Lu & Crosbi Lu at Grandma Lu's Christmas!


The boys got this adorable tent from my mom & dad so we bunked their beds and they are loving the new set up!

And the cherry on top of our holidays was seeing our friends, who are like family to us.


My two best girlfriends since Jr. High Stacy & Andrea


And some super couple love!


Plus a New Years celebration at our house that included 9 kiddos & one on the way.  Love ending one year and starting another with these people we love so very much!


No comments: