Sunday, January 6, 2013

This Christmas...

This Christmas season was joyful,


and triumphant. Ha ha!


And even though I had an extremely aggressive "to do/shop/decorate/spread holiday cheer list" that I did not even come close to accomplishing, I did get in a good amount...and for the most part I let the other stuff go.  It's hard for me to do, but I am getting better.  


We started off the holiday season with some decorating.  It's something I absolutely LOVE and I think I may have started to pass the obsession on to the kids.  But in my defence, where do you think I got it from???  (SUZ)!!!  The kids each had their own little tree and the boys had "Jake and the Never Land Pirates and Super Hero ornaments respectfully adorning their trees.  Pictured below is Beanie's version of an Angel, Hulk.  One of his favorite tag lines of the Fall has been "HULK SMASH" and he is repeatedly asked to say it by his dad & brother.




I saw this little pic of kids tying up a Christmas tree on the cozy coope and really wanted to try it, I thought it'd be such a sweet and funny shot.  But the boys did not quite share my vision.  I got a few and I love the one where they are looking at each other and laughing...like they are plotting against me! Ha ha!



Itsy Bitsy was up to quite the antics all Christmas long and we all had a blast finding him each day.  He was not only a tricky little elf but giving as well and brought a few activities like apron decorating for cookie making and a glow in the dark bath complete with glow sticks.


We also attended Griffin's Christmas program & we brought "pin the nose on Rodolph" to his class party.  I am so very thankful to see him grow, learn & thrive at school and be a part of it too!





Griffin's fan club waiting for him to take the stage!  


The BEST rendition of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman" we've ever heard!

We FINALLY made it downtown Chicago at Christmas time with Daddy!  I have been wanting to do this since we moved here, and we've never gotten to it for one reason or another.  We hit up the Kris Kindle Market, saw Santa and celebrated Grandpa Wayne's birthday in style!!


CANNOT get enough of this face...


or these!! (Griff's too of course!!)



Santa was a HILARIOUS experience this year.  We waited in line with lots of anticipation to see him and Crosbi was the only one who wanted to sit on his lap.  Go figure.  She really took him in and then after careful consideration, started crying.  Griffin reluctantly stood next to him and whispered a few requests under his breath and this picture with Sawyer in it is as close as the ever cautious Beanie would get.  

 

Girls in front of the big tree & girls shopping Aunt Ali style (she loves her some fur)!!

P . A . R . T . Y !!!!!!


Our girl is ready to celebrate her Grandpa's birthday with a hat 


and her first and definitely not last bite of noodles.  YUM!

 


Crosbi wasn't the only one who enjoyed the spread at Buca de Beppo.  
All the boys did, and so did GG & I for that matter.


And to every one's delight, WAYNO ended up with his favorite gift....a new sweater vest.

In mid December we had a "Bows & Bow Ties" Christmas party with some dear friends and my siblings got to come too since they were randomly in town for a wedding!  We were thrilled to have them and thrilled to have a house full of people we love who all make us laugh a lot!





Whew!!  I am tired just replaying all the month's events and we haven't even covered the actual holiday yet, but looking back makes me smile.  We are blessed to be able to share anyone of these memories with our little family, much less them all!  So glad to be able to have HOLLY & JOLLY with our lovies!

No comments: