Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tickled Pink


I am SUPER blessed with the best girl friends in the world! On Saturday they threw the sweetest PINK filled shower for C & I! I wish I had more pictures but the few I do have will do the job.

A pink tutu wreath welcomed the guests at the door,

a pink C adorned the table &

countless other pink treasures were scattered about. Mary Beth made these adorable pink dishes that had washcloths, bibs and little hats wound up in lu of ice cream and put her amazingly creative party planning touches every where.

Erin hosted the whole event in her beautiful home and made the most delicious chicken avocado salad that was a HUGE hit! (Everyone wants the recipe)!!!

I even heard they stayed up till like midnight one night making these little puff balls to hang from the chandeliers. Every little touch was adorable and...

delish!!!!
...they are seriously the greatest!


And this was me and you C, almost 36 weeks.
I am HUGE, and you must be ready to come out because I started having contractions when I woke up the morning of the shower and they continued the whole time. It was the only downer of the party! Ry took me to Labor & Delivery right after the party and we stayed there for a few hours listening to your sweet little heart thump thump away while I contracted. I eventually got released, put on moderate best rest and was forced to promise to come in Monday for some follow up. We would like at least 2 more weeks little girl to get those lungs ready!

Ryan and I were over whelmed at the generosity of our friends. C got loaded up on clothes, socks, some things for her room & I even got some nursing essentials for after the babe comes! God continues to blow us away with people in our lives to surround us and our children with love and kindness. We are very blessed and can't wait to welcome our daughter into our "family", blood and beyond!

Thanks Erin, Mary Beth & everyone else who made this such a sweet day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you know how beautiful you are? Love this. Pink and green :)

andrea said...

What a beautiful shower for a beautiful momma! So thrilled for you Abigail, your little girl is almost here! XOXO

Stacy Peterson said...

So cute. Abs- you look great!! I was expecting you to a look A LOT bigger based off the descriptions you've been giving :) By the way, I love the spelling of Crosbi with an "i"