Sunday, March 18, 2012

Parents Day & Flash Backs

Every Thursday for the past 7 months we have found ourselves at soccer for Griffy. At the end of each session is a parents day and I am sure there are pics on the blog from previous ones. Griff finished out another session this week and what made this parents day SO special is that DADDY came!! Everyone was THRILLED, especially mommy who can no longer participate in the activities parents day requires. It occurred to me that this was my 3rd parents day pregnant. One for each trimester. The first one I did all the races and games and dry heaved in the bathroom afterwards. The second one, I did as good as a girl in the second trimester could do!


And this one I was way too preggers to do more than watch and wave, which I happily obliged! Thank you Daddy!

Ry & I were both very proud of G! He listened and did all the tasks he was asked to do and he has improved a lot! He of course LOVED the racing and game the best and even scored a few goals!

Daddy did great too, and I could tell he was in his glory playing with both his boys! I am telling you neither of them could ever get enough of playing with their dad!

And the whole time we were in that hot sweaty gym I kept having flash backs of a very young Ryan, who at the time was my boyfriend, playing intermurals with his college buddies. A LOT of time in college was spent playing or refereeing intermurals for Ryan, thus a lot of my time was spent either playing with him or watching him. At soccer the other day I couldn't help but hearken back to those days and I just wondered how big the smile would have stretched across my face then to know that someday this guy would be my husband and be playing in a hot sweaty gym with our boys. I absolutely LOVE it. My best day dreams back then couldn't hold a candle to this reality!

And this reality has energy, a lot of energy. What a ham! He was thrilled that the kids "beat" the parents in the ultimate challenge...the game of the century according to Griff. The kids earned the medals since they came out victorious!

And we loved play time all together!

1 comment:

missy said...

girl, you are positively glowing!!!