Sunday, March 11, 2012

Still Cooking Away

There are LOTS of signs pointing to the arrival of our newest member:

These came out of our wash the other day. A whole load of tiny pink things. I never thought I would see this in my laundry basket to tell you the truth, it makes doing laundry not so bad:)!


This is what I see when I look down, a giant belly (which now hits the steering wheel), with usually some little arm or leg poking out.


My week count down ticker is getting smaller, in fact it now says 5 (until 40 weeks)!!

My dear friend Marie knitted this ADORABLE little ray of sunshine for C and I just look at it every time I feel crazily trapped in this giant pregnant body and imagine dressing her in this!
Pink & orange, she knows us well!!

With my mom's help I girlied up the bassinet and it is all ready for her to snuggle up in next to our bed when we bring her home!

And I have hit that time in my pregnancy where I see a lot of the doctor's office. I see the perinatologist Monday's for an ultrasound & NST, the regular OB Thursdays for another NST & the endocrinologist in there every couple weeks to check blood sugars. These two here are my new best friends as I usually need some help to find her heart beat when I go in and ice water & coffee seem to help get her cha cha sliding in there...

Although she doesn't need much coaxing to get grooving, she's ALWAYS moving and poking out so we're never worried she's not still plugging away in there, it's just getting the machine to pick up her heart rate and for it to stay on long enough before she kicks herself off. Apparently with the combo of my placenta being in the front of my tummy and her sheer "stinkerness" we have a deadly combo for getting an easy NST done! But so far all looks good and she is growing wonderfully! At 30 weeks she was 4 lbs 8oz approximately & at the 34 week growth scan she was 6lbs 13oz. So she's going to give her big brothers a run for the money on the weight front. I had a 10lb 14ozer (Griff) & a 8lb 14ozer (Bean) so I am going for 9lb 14oz!

Other signs we're getting all cooked that I will not show pictures of...
-many of my shirts now let my belly jiggle out the bottom
-It is painful to eat, sleep, walk & breath
-It feels like a just ran a 10K getting up the stairs
-Rolling over in bed is also feels like a ridiculously vigorous exercise
-I am starting to make crazy deals with myself to motivate me to get through to the end
-I get asked numerous times per day if I am overdue, going to pop any second, or if I am having multiples...answer to all: NO!

No more than a month left any way I shake it and even though I will trade off for the sleepless haze of a mother with a newborn, I am ready to have my body back and this babe in my arms!

No comments: