Wednesday, October 12, 2011

This Fall...


This Fall...what can say I'll remember about it?
The strong desire to dry heave about every few hours??
How I wish there was a way to turn off Beanie's super high scream for the next few months/years?
How I wish I had a small robot who could race Griffin for me, thus entertaining him for hours?
Yes, yes & yes!

This Fall has been a bit of a struggle.

Take this morning for example boys.
You'll never remember this boys, but we all 3 went to the doctor for Beanie's 15 month appointment. We were doing fine until they went to go down and get his vaccinations, where I can only assume they actually had to make and mix them by hand, because it literally took forever. All of the sudden the small room and warm stale air started closing in on me and I knew I was going to throw up. As I frantically searched for a trash can to hang over I saw that not one but both of you had climbed up on the bed. Griffin was pulling out the stirrups and just as I started to heave I saw from the corner of my eye Beanie tipping backwards. I had no other choice but to cup my hand under my mouth and run for him...dry heaving all the way. Thankfully I caught him just in time and made it back over to the trash can. Then we got all cleaned up and seated again before the nurse came in with shots.

I am exhausted.

And Yet, we are making it. And living life. And some how in the midst of all of these episodes that seem to occur daily, we are having fun. Mostly, I want to lay on the couch eating rolls of Saltines and watching re-runs of Friends or Arrested Development, napping every 2 hours or so. But boys, I swear to you that's not what I am doing (most of the time). Here's some pics to prove it!




2 weeks ago we got the chance to go to this really cute pumpkin farm with Daddy & GG and chit chat with the animal folk there!

Then we made back to back visits to the arboretum! First with our bible study group...





And then again on a beautiful Fall Saturday with Aunt Kelly & Uncle David who came to visit from Omaha!

We painted pumpkins,

climbed all over with Daddy,


and got all wet in the water!

Then on Columbus Day we headed another really sweet little pumpkin patch/play area and spent another gorgeous Fall afternoon soaking up our bonus days of summer!




See?? I told you I haven't JUST been laying about, although there's been some of that...not as much as I would like, but some:)! It's funny how this Fall is reminding me a LOT of where we are in life right now as a family. Sort of in this ending of one phase and after a long winter we will be ready to start a new and beautiful Spring with a new and beautiful blessing. I just keep reminding myself that "Fall" & the "impending Winter" are always worth getting through once we get to Spring and I have no doubt they will be. And, I want to enjoy...not miss a moment of the time we have together right now! Happy Fall boys, there's much more to come before Spring arrives!

1 comment:

Stacy Peterson said...

Oh Abs! I hope you are feeling a bit better by now! Can't imagine how you do it ALL.

Cute pics- I love the goat one :)