Saturday, October 29, 2011

Preschool Partying!


Since school's stared Griff has been asking me to come and help in his room & last Wednesday turned out to be the perfect day to come in. They not only learned fire safety from a REAL fireman, but they also had a Halloween party!

And guess who else came...


...Beanie of course! He thought he was quite the big boy when he was allowed to join the class at the snack table!




Griff & Cullen, his preschool buddy/construction site co-worker


These two "struction" workers also took a moment out of hammering together a haunted barn to make a Halloween necklace...


And create these charming little pumpkin friends, Griffin's obviously named Coconut!


It was quite a HOOT to spend a few hours with 7 boys & 2 girls, all 4 years old. Whew! I got asked more questions in 2 hours then I normally do in a month. I also got to read a Halloween story, chosen by Griffin to the class and it brought me right back to my teaching days. I am not actually too rusty, which was reassuring! But at least for now, preschool teacher is not calling my name. I did love getting to see Griff in his room, doing what he does! It was fun to see him answer questions, participate...and even get too excited about something to stay in line:)!

Afterwards I was too tired to make lunch so we headed over for a quick bite at McDonald's. When I asked Griffin what his favorite part of preschool was, totally expecting the fireman or the party, he said "you and Beanie coming to my school with me!"

Be. still. my. beating. heart.

This is what makes even the hardest of days feel more than worth it & like a blessing I can't wrap my mind around.

No comments: