Friday, May 13, 2011

What I got for Mother's day....

Some may get flowers or chocolates or sparkles but what I have really really wanted for mother's day for the past few summers is this....


and thanks to them, my wish came true!!!


These sweet men ( my father in law, hubby, dad & brother in law) embarked on a multiple hour journey to build this little beauty, for which they gave me endless bantering about. (Apparently, choosing a swing set for little boys should not be based on cuteness and if I could someday try and add flower boxes, which I could...just saying! haha!)

Us mother's did a lot of good supervising on this project and I am sure if not for our careful eye, this thing would not have come together!


It started the night before with the DVD and instruction packet almost as thick as the bible and continued the next morning unpacking all the blots and boards in our garage...


Then came the many hours of putting together...



You can about guess how antsy we were getting by mid afternoon, and we had some talks about patience and not throwing screws and bolts into the yard....



and the building went on, into the night...


and the next morning!


But finally the work was complete and we got to enjoy the fruits of the men's very hard work!



And, this is the very best present I could, I mean the boys could get!
Free entertainment in our own fenced in backyard for two little boys with lots of energy, thank you Jesus!


Crazy enough, this present wasn't even for me (directly)! The grandparents and Ry & I got it for both boys as an early gift for their birthdays, coming in June and July so we also did a little birthday party for the 2 of them.



And neither minded starting the celebration a little early! Beanie loved his first piece of cake and Griff LOVED the attention showered on him by his grandparents! A great weekend all around! Thanks for the help family, we will enjoy this gift for years to come!

No comments: