Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A LOT can happen in 24 hours!

When I tell people that most of our "vacationing" is done in Nebraska, I get many a confused look! It isn't quite the beachy spot people think of when they hear "vacation" but the state is full of people we love and every time we get to go back we are overbooked with people to see and places to go. This weekend I got the privilege of being there for a 24 hours FULL of events. I am tired just thinking about it!

First, I missed my first flight. I know many of you are not surprised but it wasn't because I was late (ok, I could have been earlier...but still it wasn't)! I was forced to got through the line for only wheelchairs, strollers, and walkers and waited there for 45 minutes. I was paged in the airport and Ali was forced off a plane but drama aside I finally made it through security and to a gate which they promptly put us on the next flight to O town. (And no Alison, the blueberry scone also had nothing to do with this). We finally made it to Omaha and were picked up by this sweet cousin of ours.....


Sadly, Bruce and Adam weren't with her....but we did get to have a delish lunch with great company!

We then got dropped off at the hospital and visited our sister in law, Julie who had just received an epidural! She was a week overdue with my first niece/nephew and was finally in labor. Things were shaping up to look like we would be there to see the little babe's arrival! But after waiting a bit we decided we better go gear up for Gramee Sapp's 80th birthday party! After leaving the hospital and getting all ready for the party we got a call saying the baby was coming so headed back to the hospital instead, but when we got there the baby wasn't quite ready yet...so we waited...


...and we got close to missing Grandma's party all together, so we hit the road for that. It was a great party and my sweet sweet Gramee Sapp is 80 years old. She is an amazing lady and I was so glad to be there to celebrate her!

While at the party, Cooper Raymond Richard was born!


He was 6lbs 11oz and is doing great! Raymond is my grandpa Richard's name...and I absolutely LOVE it with Cooper! He has AMAZING parents who are going to love him to bits and we are ecstatic to have another little boy in the family! I know that my boys are going to be thrilled to have boy a cousin this close in age to them, it'll be crazy at the Richard house on holidays:)!


The next morning we got up early and went to Lincoln to support some runners who were doing the marathon in honor our friend Jess who passed away this Fall. The runners finished in memorial stadium so I held Beanie up to get a shot of him in one of Ryan's favorite places! LOVED being back in college town again, even if it was brief!


On the way back to Omaha, we stopped and visited Grandma Richard! Sawyer and she bonded big time, it was precious! My dad also got called handsome and was proposed to by one of the ladies there, so we had quite a time! His response? "Maybe another time!"

When I told Grandma that both Sawyer and Cooper were named after Grandpa she smiled and said, "Rusty would have liked that." It was the sweetest!

Then it was back to Omaha to see Cooper one more time....


Awwww, Richard siblings with the newest addition and Sawyer who wasn't quite cooperating:)! He wasn't in love with the idea of me holding another baby, haha!


I am an Auntie! SO exciting!

And then it was back to the airport! Not a second of down time in the whole 24 hours, whew! Only thing missing??? Ry & Griff!!! They stayed home and had some manly bonding time. They were greatly missed, but I know God really had some great things in mind for their time together, so it all worked out! I will say though, that I hate being anywhere for too long without Ry (if you know me well, you know how big of a baby I am about this:)!) and with out my rambunctious 3 year old in tow things just didn't seem right!! I didn't have my camera either so these pictures are all from my phone, oh well, at least I have a few!

Cooper Raymond, we are so excited you are here! Welcome to the world and to our family! We love you LOTS already!
xoxo

No comments: