Monday, May 23, 2011

year 1 and done!



Griffin Andrew Eccleston.

Here is my little man about 9 months ago. 1st day of preschool.
Look at his teeny little brother, ah!



And here are my front porch shots from this morning. His last day of school. Already. Time flew by, why am I surprised every time? I had a small pit in my stomach when I dropped him off today. I am amazed as a parent how much I relax and settle into the routine of my kids as well. It's not just him who will miss Mrs. Stabb and the art projects! I love seeing him and his goofy little smile walk out from the building when I pick him up, on the tale end of just barely on time. I hate to say goodbye to this sweet moment. It has been so nice for all of us. It was nice for me, in a lot of ways, and for him too. He has gone from a little guy who I was thinking was going to need a lot speech help to a kid who knows his ABC's, talks ALL the time, recognises numbers and can play a very competitive game of duck duck goose. He's grown A LOT. He's figured out, a little more, about getting along and making friends and following rules. He is POTTY TRAINED!

I am so proud of you lovie. You are such a big boy all of the sudden. You worked hard this year. I love the guy you are becoming.

My favorite memory of school happened this morning. Usually on the way to school I reach back and grab your hand and ask if I can pray for you before school, to which you reluctantly agree. This morning we got there super early (AH! I know, crazy right!) and I was distracted with getting your things together as we were waiting in the car line. As I reached back to grab something you grabbed my hand and requested I pray for you today. And it was for me the way that things always do seem to come full circle. I am so thankful for this year for you Griffy. You are on your way. I love the seat I am watching from.

No comments: