Thursday, June 6, 2013

Life.

I know I always say life is full and busy and with 3 kids, how could it not right??!!?  But this week, I've felt the business of life just fall on me and I'm tired.  I've fallen asleep a few nights right after I put the kids down.  Poor Ryski is on the couch all alone (although I think he secretly loves it every once in a while so he can watch all the TV he DVRs that I won't watch).  The last month or so has just been a lot.  Life's FULL spectrum has been at work in our life.  Great joy and great sadness and as always, transition.  I used to not really deal very well in times like these where everything is up in the air, but I am learning to take it in stride and get the most out of all the ways God stretches and grows us as we get through the good and the hard.  And feeling thankful for it all.

***as a warning, some of these pics are a little smushed, and I don't know how to fix it, but you get the ides:)

Feeling thankful for real friends.  

Without friends, I am not sure how we would get through the good or the bad.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our life.


For a few days my dear sweet Casey came to visit and experience daily life at our house.  I will be honest, it is hard for me to let go and just be when we have company.  But I am so lucky to have a friend that I can just be myself...and expose my family in front of too, ha ha!  If you don't have a person like this, I would recommend getting yourself one tout suite!  It's such a relief to not have to have "company" sometimes but just family.  She got a real taste of us, so she may not come back, ha ha!  But we love our Aunt Casey.  

Feeling thankful for fresh and sweet beginnings.


In May we added one precious Claire Michele to the Richard family.  Andy & Julie had their 2nd bundle and she is just a doll.  I am so looking forward to all the fun Claire and Crosbi will have as they grow!


We have also been to a few weddings, one being my brother in law Jason's, where welcomed another new member into the family, his wife Amber.  It was a really fun weekend seeing lots of family and friends and celebrating in style the last Eccleston sibling wedding.  Crazy.  I am so happy Jason found a match to share his life with.

 

 

Feeling thankful for milestones.


Griffin graduated this last month from Pre-K.  It was an adorable ceremony complete with graduation music (that'll tug at the ole heart strings).  I just can't believe these days are over.  I am so proud of all he's learned, the way he's grown.  He's ready to head into "BIG boy-hood" but I know we will both treasure these sweet days we have spent together running errands and playing in the afternoons.  He also turned 6, the stinker.  


Ry & I celebrated 8 years.  I can't believe all that has come to pass in that time.  I am so lucky to be married to someone who makes me smile all the time.  We were kids when we choose each other and turned out so so good.

 

Feeling thankful for goodbyes.

Finally May brought some sadness as we said goodbye to my Grandma Norma Elaine Richard.  She was an absolute wonder of a woman.  The last 6 years she has been trapped by Alzheimer's and so when I heard the news that she had passed away, I felt a lot of relief and joy for her.  I pictured her finally taking in a deep breath of freedom and running to Jesus and my grandpa, not bogged down by the cloud of forgetfulness that surrounded her for so long.  It really was with happiness that I said goodbye, knowing she is in a much better place.  She had beautiful and well lived life.  I was able to speak at her service and I will post the talk later.  I am so glad for the chance to say goodbye and talk with friends and family about her and what a lady she was.  I loved seeing all the pictures of her life from birth to present day and wished I could stop and talk with her at each picture and point in her life.  I wonder what she would say at 30, with 3 boys and 1 girl??!!  I saw a lot of me and a lot of my kids coming through in those old pictures and it's just so cool to see your history unfolding like that.  God is so good, and I know this because of the way he walked in my Grandma's life.  


Feeling thankful everyday

And in between life's ups and downs there is everyday.  That is where the real life is lived, 
so we better get to it!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always love reading your post to see what you crazy kids are up to. You have such a beautiful family and you do a wonderful job of documenting all of your milestones. Love ya!