Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Dear Griffy


Griffin Andrew...
If I could bottle up your cute little 6 year old self right now and save it for rainy days, I would.  I am absolutely smitten with where you are with life right now.  Gone are your toddler days, you are certainly a big boy...which some days breaks my heart, but honestly I adore listening to your views on life and your commentary on the what's happening around you at your age.  You have quite a way with words and are just a hoot.  Dad and I find ourselves in stitches all the time over your use of phrases such as, "I love you just the way you are"..."Fortunately, I didn't do that"...and the ever so common, "but Beanie did" Ha ha!  You are a great helper, quick to tackle a new task or adventure, lover of all things boy and outside, builder of Lego's, ninja loving turtle enthusiast, reader and watcher of Superheros (much to daddy's delight), fan of the Bulls, best buddy of Charlie, wrestler of Beanie, defender to Crosbi & still my snuggle bug (you ask every night)!!  All that to say, I love you and always have "just the way you are"!  

The other day you were playing with some buddies when some of the moms noticed a lull in activity and a pile of boys circled up on the sidewalk.  Upon further inspection we realized you all had destroyed several aunt hills and were hypnotised by the desperate scramblings of these tiny creatures, and OK, you were smashing them too, I can't lie.  To our horror, as we panned out from the aunts on the sidewalk we realized that the sidewalk cracks weren't the only place the aunts were taking refuge, there were a fair amount crawling all over you boys.  Up and down your legs, in and out of your shoes, socks, shorts and shirts...and dare I even say hair.  I shudder to even recall it all because bugs crawling all over me seems like a nightmare, but you guys weren't phased in the least.  Us moms had a healthy mix of disgust and laughter as we shook tiny bugs out of socks and undies.  When I told daddy about it, he said, "Well, they're boys Abbi...what did you expect??" He is right.  And so are you.  You are all boy and all adventure and most importantly WILD AT HEART.  That is where I pray you will stay.  I want you to keep your free spirit, your zest for life, your love for all the good God has for us to experience here on earth.  I will also pray for wisdom...so that you never go sky diving with a second hand parachute.  Ha ha!  It's a big year for you buddy.  You are starting school and we have to send you out into the world.  6 years ago you changed my life.  You gave me one of God's richest and most abundant blessings and although I am nervous and sad to let you go (even in just this little way) I know that I have to give you back over to HIM so that you can change some more lives and so that your life can be changed!  Oh, the best and most beautiful parts of life are just around the corner for you bud!  I love that I get VIP seats.   I am praying for you to experience all the joy and even some sorrow...the full spectrum of life my son.  I wouldn't want you to miss out on even one thing.  Each piece of life that we go through, good or bad, happy or sad, helps shape our hearts and know God better.  We can learn to trust him through our trails and thank him in our joys.  I love you so very much Griffin.  To many many more celebrations of you!

xoxo
Mom


Adorable Eccleston Men


BULLS


Your Pre-K teacher Miss Wendy & you at Granduation


Your first "race" with the big & small Mick and Egly boys, so fun!


Birthday dount, of course!


And, your cake...neon green and perfectly turtles...you loved it and I love you.

No comments: