Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Born in the USA


Happy Forth!!!
We celebrated the birthday of the good ole US of A with one of our favorite traditions in one of our favorite places, ahhhhhhh....we sure do love Grand Beach.  Not too many places more simple and relaxing and fun.








We got in some swimming at the Bailin's pool,



and even Crozi got her first taste of the pool...which she clearly wasn't so sure about.  Ha ha, poor girl! I love both of our expressions in this pic!


My favorite girls:)

And, after a very lively debate, we decided on "Bieber Fever" for the theme of our float this year.  And then by default because no one had the energy to go to Walmart and buy Justin Bieber gear, we opted for the ever popular and classic "Americana"!  Hey, there's always next year to get our act together for a more elaborate plan!






Here is a string of attempted family pics....






and at the end of our sessions everyone felt like doing what Crosbi was doing.  So we quit while we were ahead, but got nothing too frame able!  Our memory of this forth will be HOT, HOT & more HOT!!!!

We spent the actual 4th at home just the 5 of us doing a whole lot of nothing.  And even though it felt a little like a wasted day, I was thankful to get some lounge time with my kids and hubby with no where to be and nothing to do.  After we forced the kids outside to take pics in the 100 + temps and had an epic fail, we retreated back to our beloved AC to do what is the next logical step after any stressful event (or at least my answer to most)...
make something with chocolate...
S'mores!





And they were delish!!  We could sure take s'more holiday fun...ha ha!  It always goes too fast.  

I am truly thankful to live and raise my family in this beautiful country (although not with out it's problems, what is??) where I can worship the God I love freely, feel safe & protected and have so many opportunities (to eat chocolate)!  I know it didn't come without costs, and I am so grateful for all that it took to get and keep our freedom!


No comments: