Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sugar & Spice & EVERYTHING...


If you can't tell by our faces, please read the balloon!
We are thrilled to announce that a sweet little PINK bundle will be joining our family in just about 4 months! AH!

At 15 weeks we had an elective scan (I couldn't stand the wait...and all my friends were doing it...Mary Beth & Jenni!!) and as I lay on the table that Saturday morning I heard words I couldn't quite ever invision until that moment, "You're having a girl!" After 2 boys, it was pretty hard for us to believe them. I laughed/cried for the immediate half an hour following the big reveal and then off and on for the rest of the day. After collecting myself, I made Ryan drive directly to a store entitled, "Hair Bows"! Here's what I purchased first for my petite princess...

Surreal to buy ruffle undies and polka dots tights, yes! I had a little ruffle tushie when I was little too, so I just had to buy them when I saw them.

And when we got back to my moms that afternoon we walked in on some dessert making for dinner that night, so Ry & I popped a few drops of red dye into the cool whip and made the pink reveal at our little family gathering. It was amazing to have people share in our joy in the moment.

BUT as the weeks went on, I started having trouble believing it was true. I kept freaking out that she had maybe sprung some male parts, and Ryan kept shaking his head out my doubts. (Baby C, daddy knew the whole time:)!). Then today we saw this...

...and I'm a believer!

Here I am at (almost) 20 weeks on the day we got confirmation you are a girl, little C!

And we got your "thing 3" patch all fixed to a HOT PINK onsie!!

And here are just a few more shots from the ultrasound! Your tiny toes and sweet profile melted dad & I's hearts but our favorite part of seeing you was your darling little button nose! I can't wait to see it while holding you in my arms!

I shed a lot of tears yesterday, but they were very very happy tears. I have a true peace like I have never really felt before about my life and where God is taking it and how he is shaping my family. This little girl seems like the missing piece to the puzzle and I can't believe how blessed Ryan and I truly are! We haven't gotten to plan when/the order of/sex of our kids and maybe in the moment would have said we would have had things differently, but it's now that we can see the whole picture, that we see what God was doing and how perfectly for us everything fits together! I remember a few times in my life wondering if I would ever be able to even have kids, and now I am about to have 3. I keep counting my blessings and pinching myself! I absolutely CAN NOT wait until this little gets here to join the craziness!

Bring on the Sugar & Spice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled for you all! I can't wait to watch her grow! Lots of love! Erin