Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nebraska Thanksgiving 2011


Happy Thanksgiving 2011!
This year we spent it in Nebraska for the first time in a few years! It was really fun to be there for the long weekend and get in lots of good time and celebrating with family and friends at our "home away from home"! Our actual feasting on turkey day was done at the Eccleston's! As you can see, Lori had a beautifully set table and everything was very yummy!!


We played a family football game and then ate 4 to 5 times as many calories as we burned
(and I didn't even play, oh shoot!!)!

That night we walked around downtown Omaha and checked out the city all lit up for Christmas! It was really pretty and not even too cold to stroll around!

The next day we went down to Lincoln for the the Huskers game verses Iowa. Now if you know my family, you know we LOVE the Huskers. In fact, my parents, brother, sister, hubby & I are all graduates of UNL. My parents dear friends and neighbors, the Connells, are huge Iowa fans and for as long as I can remember there has been friendly banter about what would happen if the Hawkeyes ever met up with the Huskers. This year all that taunting came to a head when the Thanksgiving game was set up between these two since Nebraska joined the Big 10, and naturally everyone in the families had to go to the first game between the two. The guys all had tickets and the girls all hung out and chatted in the Champions club.

with Andy and Jules!

Our old stomping grounds!

Loved him when we were students & even more now!

All the Richard/Connell boys (the ones in RED celebrating a Husker WIN!!!)

Big kids:)!

On Saturday we headed out to Ashland to see my mom's side of the family. We had a taco feed...some where between Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner I think:)! We celebrated all the holidays, Aunt Nancy's birthday & the upcoming arrival of 2 babes into our family! My 2nd cousin Emily is due just a few weeks before me in March so the Aunties and Grandmas had a surprise baby shower for us!

Sapp girls

pregnant mommas!

It was so fun to celebrate these babies with the family and for me it was so special as I opened my first "girlie" gifts. I had to keep pinching myself when I opened Mary Jane bow socks and pink onesies and tiny adorable shoes. It made it feel really REAL and I am more than thrilled!

And, last but not least we celebrated Christmas early on the Eccleston side since we are staying here in Illinois for the first time ever this year! It was actually really exciting and wonderful to not be rushing from house to house but to just enjoy a full night of fun with Ryan's side! We ate pizza, opened gifts, made ginger bread houses & even ate Christmas cookies!

Eccleston girls
(I always say that you can tell which one of us is not blood related because I tower over the girls, so Lori stood on her tip toes, haha!)

Eccleston boys

The whole crew

And speaking of babies due just weeks apart, here is the first shot of baby Bebee & baby Eccleston, cousins that will join the family this Spring! We are so excited!

And that was a weekend to be thankful for! I don't think we are recovered still, haha! We are still super tired and getting back in to routine, but we are just so happy to have made it there and back, safe and sound and feel full with great memories of all our family and friends we got to see and spend time with! Now we are officially ready to start the holiday season! Griffin is SO excited this year, I can tell it is going to be magic:)!

No comments: