Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Some Sapp Family fun!


A first William D. & Lucille Sapp family photo
(by the way, check out that profile....hello Andy!!)


Currant William D. & Lucille Sapp Family photo

Do you think these two could have even imagined all this on that sweet day their family was born? Makes me wonder what my family photo will grow to look like someday??!!! I can't quite see past today at the moment...but someday I pray for this!

Over the years my grandparents on my moms side have tried to do some trips as one big group! They are brave:)! We have been to Disney, Alaska, Arizona and when I was in college we went to Paris and London. That was the last installment of the "Sapp Family Trip" and as everyone started to get married and great grand children it seemed that it might be it. Schedules are crazy...life is crazy. But somehow, by God's grace I imagine, each member of our family was able to hoof it to Grand Beach Michigan, and we had ourselves a good ole fashion family reunion!


My grandpa Sapp is the father of 4 daughters, so when he acquired son in laws and grandsons he jumped right on the "manly" bonding activities when we vacation. The boys have done a few fishing trips, and this time they ventured out to Lake Michigan and had quite a successful day! In fact, my cousin Austin cooked up the fish they caught that night, and we sampled it at dinner! Ryan felt very accomplished and manly:)! They also got in a scramble game of golf in which even the youngest members of the family (aka Griffin) got to play too!

What did the women do you wonder, while the men were out catching fish and playing sports??
Shopped of coarse! And we got some good buys too!


One night we did dinner out and all the grand kids and significant others squeezed in to the same table. So fun!

We topped off the weekend with some father's day frolicking at my sister in law, Julie's parents place! They have an amazing back yard with a BBQ area and pool and they graciously allowed the Sapp clan to descend upon it for lunch.

And no family reunion is complete with a little photo sess. Ali & I of coarse knew that no photo session would be complete without a few props and below are the fruits of that...

Mostly, all I can say is "sorry" for my creepy 'stache and the faces that transpired behind them, but it makes me laugh, so mission accomplished I guess!

`

I LOVE my sister.


And my hubby. Always the performer.


Gotta love brother in laws,


boy cousins,


girl cousins & Max,


And them. Of coarse.


They have set the foundation for a family rooted in the Lord. And there is good and bad and difficult in this family, just like any family. Thankfully though they have chose to invest their lives in loving the Lord and by doing so, have invested in the generations to come...


Psalm 103:17

But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children--



Are they not adorable?

Great foundation.

Great Grandparents.

Great God:)!

No comments: