Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Eccleston Boys



I am going to warn you right now that this post has a lot of pictures! But it's a 2 for the price of 1 kind of post...and party!! Griffy's birthday is June 1st & Beanie boy will turn 1 on July 10th so we met in the middle and threw a party in honor of our summer boys! What started out as just a casual get together of coarse turned into a little more, but I had a great time getting it all together!


Griffin's request for his party will not surprise those of you who know him well...to watch "CARS" so we had a movie/Cars theme and watched the first Cars in our backyard.



I've said it before, and I'll say it again...my hubby is a saint! I really thought it would be awesome to do an outside movie, but the cost and logistics of it just seemed like it wasn't going to be an option. Then somehow at the beginning of this week Ry found a projector to borrow from work and rigged up this little set up. I am seriously blessed to have someone who goes above and beyond for my party whims! Love you Ryski:)! The screen was an old blanket with a white sheet nailed up in front of it and our amazing neighbors, the Bennetts, who let us borrow everything from vanilla and eggs to their canopy in a pinch, provided the cherry on top...that canopy was a life saver!



We had a "concessions stand" on our patio out back so kids & parents could get some refreshments while viewing Cars...

"Oh no a crash!" Griffin & buddy since a few months old, Charlie!

Griff & buddy Trevor

and speed around the backyard on the swing set and in and out of the bounce house!

with Aunt Ali

Beanie and Henry


We love the Mick boys!
(Henry was smashing his face into the screen for the pic, it was so cute:)!!)

Brother wrestling....er, love!


And then it was time for cake! I LOVE this little gem, and as sick as it is, I have been fantasising about it since I first saw it in the store! Which delicious bakery did this come from you ask??? It's a small little neighborhood joint called, Walmart! Ha ha! It was yummy and so cute and as long as the boys are little, I am getting cakes with polka dots!


Griffy got help from his buddies with the candles!

And these are my buddies, who without I would be a sad momma:)! I LOVE you all!
Erin, Mary Beth, me, Jenni & Valerie with out most recent additions!

And the rest was just fun! Griffin & I decorated the house all week this week, and had a lot of fun bonding over the errands and projects we had to do for his "race car party"!!


Griffin insisted on those pinwheel things that are hanging from the ceiling. He called them his "gumbrellas" (umbrellas) all week!

Pins we made for the boys to wear at the party which were covered in slime and drool within 5 minutes of putting them on. Good thing I bought them from the $1 isle and spruced them up!


Take home treats: Flags to cheer on Lighting at his races & movie snacks

Griff & what else?? Cars 2 paraphernalia!

Beanie birthday love...he wasn't so sure about a party, but he had fun anyways!

It was such a fun night! Griffy had a big time running and playing with all his buddies and we just felt so blessed to have such sweet friends to celebrate with. 2 Aunties and an Uncle even stopped by the party to say hi as they were passing through this weekend!!


Boys, I feel so humbled just to be your mom. I love getting to plan the party and help cut your cake and watch you open up gifts! All the things that make you guys happy are doubly happy for dad & I! You are both our wish come true!


We made a little birthday video of the last year, I will try and post too!

3 comments:

AAA said...

Awwww...love it! Happy birthday boys!

andrea said...

GAAHHH! I love everything about this sweet party! The boys are so lucky to have such a fun and creative momma...and lucky to have a patient and determined daddy too!! Happy Birthday sweet boys!

Mary Beth said...

You are amazing and so was the party! Happy Birthday Boys, we Love you!!!