Monday, April 18, 2011

This week was Hopping


It's been hopping at our house this last week and I am sure it will continue into the next as this Sunday is Easter. Griffin got into the spirit of the season at his schools "Hop-a-thon" in which they hopped to raise money for Muscular Dystrophy. When I asked him what you needed to do a Hop-a-thon he said, "Mommy all you need is some bunny ears and then you do some hopping till you gotta stop!" I love the hats they make at preschool...LOVE them!


On Friday I submitted myself to pre heart attack conditions when I hosted an "Eggstravaganza" at my moms house for Bean and Griff's friends and classmates.



It was supposed to be an outside game and egg hunt party and even though they were calling for rain, the forecast didn't say rain until late afternoon so I pressed on determined to have my party outside. As I opened the door at 2pm for our first guest, I not only realized I left all the sugar cookies I had baked to decorate at my house, but it also had just started raining. Thus I quickly had to revert to plan B and C and possibly even D. We had around 13 kiddos there and they blew through the bunny hop relays, egg hunt and other games I had planned in about 15 minutes. It was seriously crazy, although the kids didn't care, they had a blast. I just pictured things a little more organized I guess:)! I had great friends like Mary Beth, Erin and Jen who stayed to help. Mary Beth has more details and pictures of the party, and she is very enthusiastic in her depiction of the event even though she had to work very hard...what a friend! I am so blessed to have had such great helpers.


Suz with Josiah

My mom, as always, is an angel who ran to get the cookies and just acted cool, calm and collected when she came home to a house full of children.


cookie making fun



In the end it was a blast and I will say, praise the LORD for Veggie Tales which allowed us time to decorate the cookies in shifts and kept the kids busy while we waited for the parents. Griffin had the time of his life and that was the point, so mission accoplished. If I am brave enough next year, I am putting the "rain date" I mentioned in the invitation into effect!


Beanie and Henry chit chatting!

Also getting us into the bunny spirit??

These ADORABLE little bunnies from my Gramee and Grandpa Sapp! Aren't they so cute? Griffin has been walking around with his telling me how cute his little bunny is!



Happy hippity hoppity Spring and have a very blessed Easter!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! times one hundred :) you are mom of the century abs! your boys will remember this day so fondly. the crazy things their mommy did with a heart full of love, creativity, passion and a just a smidge of insanity ;) love you all and happy easter!

Unknown said...

why are you the cutest most adorable mom in the universe?! your boys are so lucky to have you! wish we were closer so we could partake in all the easter cuteness! love you so so much!!