Sunday, September 19, 2010

2 months, 2 kids, 2 boys....2, is our magic number this month!



We'll we have survived 2 months having 2 precious little children who happen to belong to us!!??!! AH! I am amazed some days that we make it through...haha! All mothers feel this way, I know. Other days having both boys at home seems flawless and easy. Either way now days filled with Griffin and Sawyer seem meant to be, a perfect jumble of life's day to day messes...a world that I can't imagine not living in.


We are also entering our second season, Fall as a family of 4 & with that comes lots of great things I can't wait to share with the boys...in fact we already have Halloween costumes and even attempted to go to a pumpkin patch but got rained out! We are fully engaged now in Husker Football & have dressed each family member the last 3 Saturdays in Red...just to sit on our couch in our house and watch the game, but it's hard to go a Saturday in the Fall without some Husker apparel! In the last few weeks we have really found a nice groove and we are moving with it. Ry & I are working hard to keep up with both boys and also make time for each other which is much easier said than done. Every time you add a child or go through something big in life your marriage really has to adjust too, so between visitors and traveling and work and caring for the boys this Fall will be a lot of doing just that, adjusting!


There have been so many sweet moments where the 4 of us will just be sitting somewhere all interacting and I can't thank God enough for these boys. It is more than I even imagined all those months waiting for Sawyer to come! I am tired, & some days I feel like the laundry and cooking dinner is absolutely too much and is ruining my life, but most days just sitting feeding Bean & talking to Griff about robots, or cars, or monster trucks seems to be just the day I would have ordered if I was the one choosing from the menu! Thanks God!

Ryski & his boys reading some good night stories!

...on and on the topic of 2...is this pic too much or what??!


TOO cute, ok I am going overboard with the 2 theme, but when you're the mom it's your job to gush! His smile lights up our whole house, but it's only every once and while...can't wait until we can see it, and hear a little laugh to go along with it all the time!


Another thing that is too much for me?? My best friend from High School, Andrea just had a sweet sweet babe and Sawyer & Graham are less than 2 months apart! He is just the teeniest ball of delishiousness! I love it!

2 comments:

andrea said...

I love this post (and not because it includes Graham chop :) your 2 boys...no 3 boys are the best, what a lucky gal you are!

Stacy Peterson said...

No better words than XOXO!!! LOVE YOU- precious family!