Monday, August 9, 2010

1 month update.....




So we're a month into life with 2 kiddos and I have to say, we're tired! Ha ha! Like that's a big surprise! I wish I had the energy to write a really funny and creative post that would give you a picture of our last month, but apparently when you add a child into your family it zaps your time & energy just a little bit, who knew?? These last few weeks have been a hazy mess of up in the night with babe & up all day with the toddler, plus late nights at work for Ryan, potty training, several accidents, a solid effort to keep our heads up about potty training, many feedings per day & night, many diaper changes per day and night but a lot of sweet moments with the boys & snuggle time for myself and beanie which is what I will remember about this very temporary moment in time anyways.

I am 1 month old today!

Sawyer continues to steal my heart, what absolute bliss to be a mommy to a newborn. Even though they are a ton of work, knowing that this baby is my job to love and care for is so amazing, God's plan for moms is incredible. I also wanted to add that this kid is a great eater and has already gained some solid weight, he is now 10 pounds, 6 ounces...but crazily enough that is still under Griffin's birth weight at 10 lbs 14 ounces, haha! I look down at this little chunk and imagine him still in my belly and realize why I thought I was dying at the end with G, not to be dramatic:)! Sadly, his sweet little face is covered in baby achne which we are anxious to say goodbye to until the teenage years:), but other than that, he is doing just great and has such a cute little personality already!

here's where I hang out & "go potty"!!

I am also really learning a lot about myself and my outlook on life when it comes to Griffin. He is feeling this new phase out, and so are we. Ah, the joys of being the first born...now we know what we felt like way back when, both being first born ourselves. We are all in a new phase of life so we just have to pray that God leads us to figure it out the best we can. G is an awesome big brother already and I just see him as SUCH a BIG boy now. I can't believe how fast he has already grown up in this short month. He is being very patient with us as we make changes & adjustments in the way our house runs!

All in all, we are together, healthy & blessed to have each other. The rest will come...someday Griffin will wear big boy pants and pee in the potty and we'll laugh about the times we sprinted to to the bathroom with him while he dripped pee all over the floor & someday we will sleep all night through, but not today. And truthfully I am glad it's not, I don't want time to slip away any quicker than it needs to, and I want to "enjoy" these parenting rights of passage. Missing part of the journey would make me really sad....although I am tempted to call one of those boot camp places where you drop your kid off and they come back potty trained:)...shhhhhhh, don't tell!

No comments: