Monday, May 24, 2010

Here's to you little boy!


My dear sweet 2 year old:

In 1 week you will be 3. 3 YEARS OLD! That simply cannot be. As I am planning for your brother's arrival next month, I can't help but think all about the day that you arrived in my life. Both dad & I had that day on our list of "HIGHS" when we talked about our favorite memories from the last 5 years of our marriage at our anniversary dinner last week. Your life, the last 3 years and 9months:) of it have changed, molded, strengthened, challenged, and made us grow in ways we could have never imagined. Can I begin to describe the way, depth, amount that I love you? I don't think so....just know that I do.

I wanted to make sure and catalog for you some classic "griffinisms" from year #2. All these little things...and so many more make you the little boy, sweet son & crazy toddler that dad and I love and shake our heads at.

There is absolutely no way to describe you at 2 without this little guy....in this last year you have become a die hard "CARS" fan. You are obsessed with any and all things Cars! You started off calling him "Ca Chow" but lately have been calling him "Lighting", which is actually breaking my heart...I miss Ca Chow!! We have bought what seems like hundreds of these little cars and you always bite the front...I have no idea why, so here's an up close shot of your constant companion, bite marks and all.


Your fleet of cars comes with us everywhere...one in your hand at all times! To the store, into friends homes, to gymnastics class, and sometimes if your lucky you even bring them to the breakfast table. I always have one in my purse just in case:)!


Ready to eat, cars all lined up and watching!

Here is a pic of you "changing the tires" on Mac. Another obsession of yours. You change the tires on absolutely EVERYTHING that has tires!

...and even though you are 2 you are no cleaner of an eater than year #1, so we have to have a complete wipe down after each meal, and you HATE it! On the plus, your tonsil & adenoid surgery fixed that horrible drooling problem you have had since you were born, so great!

Here is you watching one of your "moooobees" (movies) complete with lighting cup in hand.

You say the cutest things, like whenever the sun comes out from behind the clouds you yell, "sun wake up mommy!", "play me daddy!" and "hug you!" and you constantly ask us to "kiss it" any time a little boo boo is found. You love your "Party Like a Preschooler" CD and constantly ask Dad & I to play "5 little Monkey's Jumping on the Bed" and love to sing it too! Your favorite books are "The very Hungry Caterpillar", "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" & of coarse the MANY truck & cars books we own. You love to drive your cars around the house, wrestle with your dad, "cook" with your mom & romp with your friends whenever we can.

I hate to say goodbye to year #2 Griffy. It went by way too fast, but I am so looking forward to all the things that year 3 holds for us...preschool, a brother, potty training (fingers crossed) and SO MUCH more! I love you so much little man.

Here's to YOU!

XOXO,
mom

1 comment:

Jennifer Zielke said...

Happy early Birthday Griff!! We sure do love you!
<3 the zielkes :)