Friday, May 7, 2010

"family moon"



Wow...April is gone and now we are on to May! I can barely believe it! In about 2.5 months we will have another little life at our house and I am really looking forward to just that, having all my boys under one roof, just settling into life together. BUT in the mean time there's been & is a lot of life to live. We decided to use the rest of Ryan's vacation days for the year (which ends this month in ConAgra time) to go on a "family moon"! It's kind of like a honey moon but with the rest of your family, so now that I am thinking about it...it's not really like a honeymoon at all:)...haha!

(**As a side note:last night on the show Modern Family they went on vacation and the mom with 3 kids told her husband, "honey, this is NOT a vacation. I am traveling with 3 children. This is a business trip!" Ry & I both laughed and related to her & the countless memories we have of our parents loading up all of us and hitting the road for "vacation"!)

We just did some relaxing up at the lake house and even though it was mostly rainy & a little cool we had a great time doing...well, nothing. The boys wrestled, we watched movies, cooked, ate out, took naps & a couple of the nights we all crammed into one of the tiny lake house beds. Those mornings I woke up to Griffin kicking me in the back and Ryan sleeping on the couch (haha!)! It was a nice chance to just get away the 3 of us though, it's hard to imagine that it won't be that way much longer! The highlight of the trip was a little pit stop at the Michigan City Zoo which we had no idea even existed and it was really cute!


We stopped at the tiger cage first and were amazed at how close we could see them. They are HUGE and really amazing! Sadly, we apparently made the 2 tigers there uncomfortable because one sprayed some really sick juice out at us (and I won't go into details about where it was shot from...so gross) and then in charged the cage and ROARED at us. I think we were all seriously scared it was going to bust right out of that little zoo. Griffin will most definitely never forget it, he still talks about it..."tigers are very mad.....roarrrrrrr!" I am pretty sure he'll never feel the same about the big striped cat. He hugged Ryan's neck the rest of the visit! Even Ryan said he got a huge adrenaline rush and being the man he is, he seriously wanted to go back & see if he could face the tiger again...me, I was in no circumstance going back close to that cage...I am already waddling, I should at least give myself a head start, don't you think??!

G feeding the goats, because of the tiger it took us 20 minutes to get this close!

"Do you wear red pajamas?" Griffin wanted to know. One of his favorite bed time stories is Lama lama red pajama! So cute!

It was a memory:)! And like all family vacations there were tantrums, glitches in the plans, and expectations that weren't met with our days off together...but you know what's great about life & family?? You can never really remember the details of that stuff...you just remember this part....

Happiness....sigh!

1 comment:

Eric Olsen said...

you guys are just the most gorgeous family ever!