Thursday, June 11, 2009

We're going to the ZOO, ZOO, ZOO!!




I have to say that one of the biggest blessings in my little life right now is my mommy friends. I can't imagine making through motherhood without someone to call about the consistency of what's in your kids diaper, when you can switch to regular yogurt, what kind of raisins to buy and the reasons to not eat lunch meat while preggers. All by the way, topics we covered this morning while power walking at the mall. When I told Ry this is what we were doing, he replied, "welcome to your 60's" and then texted later to make sure none of us had broken a hip. I am happy to report there were no broken anythings and we weren't the only stroller fitness group at the mall, although the other group was much more serious and motivated. I was clearly only motivated to move quicker so that we could get back to the side of the mall that Cinnabon was on, I could walk towards that smell for hours....so much for losing weight! HA! Anyways, I guess just feel blessed beyond belief to have a few to run around with. In very mom-esk fashion we made a calendar of events for the summer to fill our days, enjoy the warm weather, and get good sound sleeping boys after an action packed day!

This week we took a little hop, skip, and jump to the Brookfield zoo! We loaded up 2 cars, 4 car seats, 6 juice boxes, several bags of raisins, some goldfish crackers, and the mommies of coarse. The boys were much more interested in the playgrounds and birds that just happened to be living in the trees at the zoo, both things we could see by walking down our street at home...
But then we entered the aquarium section of the zoo, and the zoo found some fans......

This crazy little penguin stole the hearts of all the kids in the aquarium. He swam right up next to them and followed their hands. Griffin about passed out from joy, which in turn made my heart so happy. I have never seen him so overwhelmed with giggles, screams, and utter joy!
This is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Charlie hug of JOY over the penguin!

Checking out the penguins....

Beautiful Micha checking out the fish

The zoo was a great time, and on the way home Erin and I were pretty sure we brought a little bit of the zoo home....2 toddlers yelling for raisins and Elmo singing away in the background...now that's WILD!

No comments: