Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer lovin'....had us a BLAST!

Wow, it's so hard for me to get to everything I want to get on here in the summer.  We have truly been going from one event to the next it seems but I do want to try and at least debrief a little bit.  We are for sure loving summer here in Montgomery (although that's a lit
tle bit misleading, since we are barely ever here at home)!  That's the story of summer though, right!!  We have traveled to weddings,

had company, spent nights at the lake, watched a golf cart parade, 


played on the beach, I played golf with Ry (and I wasn't that bad:)!), bought G his first tricycle at a garage sale with the girls for $10


we biked to our favorite town Geneva and ate amazing french toast with a raspberry drizzle (it's called Summer in  Italy from Egg Harbor and I have to say ladies and gentlemen, this little gem of a breakfast food will blow you away!  YUM), 


helped my cousin, Jen, pick out her wedding dress, go to story time at the library, road tripped it to Nebraska with great friends (and sang all the way there),

got in time with friends,
 
and experienced life....or tried to as it is blowing by us.

I have to say, I do love getting to go, go, go in the summer...but more than that I love getting to just be.  I love to wake up with no real agenda pull G into our big bed and snuggle while we watch cartoons and "chat" about our day.  I love getting to lounge around with the boys, watch G play golf with Ryan in our yard, and listen to them giggle and wrestle each other.  I love when we have no where to go so when the mood strikes we can have a water fight in our backyard and spray each other with Griffin's beach ball sprinkler.  I love getting to put Griffin down and have sweet quiet moments with Ryan to talk about life and where it's going and how we're coping with it all.
  
I feel blessed that this summer we have had a little of both.  It works well for us too....Ry is the go getter and I am for sure a home body, so a little of each is very fitting for us both.  Griffin really isn't picky as long as we are moving and get to go outside.  I am trying to savor these sweet summer days when it's just the three of us moving through life with out summer camp, and soccer practice, baseball games, and more kids:)!  Those days will be great too, but gotta get my snuggles in with Griff before he is off to t-ball practice!  
We have more summer to go, including a trip to Nebraska this week, more weddings, and beach days!  Hope you are all in the midst of some SUMMER LOVIN yourself!
XOXO

No comments: