Monday, April 27, 2009

"Now I am giving him to the Lord, and he will belong to the Lord his whole life."
1 Samuel 1:27

This weekend we were blessed with the opportunity to dedicate Griffin at our Church. For Ryan and I it was such a wonderful opportunity to really think about and physically go through the experience of dedicating Griffin. It is the biggest promise we have made together as a couple, to raise our son up the best we can to know, love and walk with Jesus all of his life and of coarse this is our biggest hope & prayer for his life. Before the families individually prayed with Pastor Scott he talked about how dedication is seen in the bible in 1 Samuel when Hanna gives up her first born son to the Lord, leaving him at the Tabernacle to live and serve the Lord there the rest of his life. As a mother I can't imagine being able to do that, but after the service was over Ryan and I were talking and came to the conclusion that in a way that is what we are called to do as parents. We realize that Griffin is not ours, but the Lords and we are just a small part of a BIG plan God has for his life. We just want to help him along the way, giving him prayers, guidance, and love while he is with us, recognizing that we have to give his life over to God the creator of him, us, and everything. It's actually a relief to me that God is running the show here but I am so blessed, grateful, and humbled beyond words to be a part of this precious life.


Here we are with Pastor Scott and his wife Amanda praying for Griffin's life and strength to raise him in faith for us.
Ben, Valerie, and Brooke our friends from church went through dedication with us!

Some family shots on our big day!
We were blessed to be joined by family & friends for brunch afterwards, prepared by gg! YUM!


Opening some presents with Grandpa Richard



We even got some time in to play with our friends the Micks!
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and WONDERFULLY MADE! Your works are wonderful, I know this full well!
Psalm 139 V. 13& 14
We are so humbled that God knitted Griffin together and then gave him to us for this brief moment on earth. We have no doubt that he was WONDERFULLY made by the creator himself and pray for a long and fruitful life walking with the Lord.
We love you G man!

4 comments:

Abby Tigulis said...

It sounds like a WONDERFUL day!! Psalms 139 is one of my favorites...it always shows me God's awesomness!!

Anonymous said...

Oh SWEETIE! That made me cry! I praise the Lord for you all, and for how You love Him and want Griff to love Him too!

Stacy Peterson said...

Wow, so special! Big day! Thanks for sharing this. Celebrating with you in spirit and will support you and G all along the way.

AMEN!

Kimberly said...

this was so beautiful. i love the pictures because it feels like i'm there with you. :)