Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A few OF MY FAVORITE THINGS....

So my friend Missy (you can read her blog if you click on "The Kollars" link to the side...she is so wonderfully hilarious!!) blogged about her favorite things, saying, "if Oprah can do it, so can I!!" and I agree which is why I decided to respond to her post and list a few of mine.

#1. Pants that fit and don't I guess! I officially have 2 pairs of jeans that are deliciously soft and snug...thank you to Ali for introducing me to JOE's. The don't fit part of that is my real favorite part...SWEAT PANTS! I could LIVE LIVE LIVE in them and sadly for my hubby I mostly do.
#2. As you can see from the post below, DESSERT. Simply stated, I love almost any kind!
#3. My hard working hubby who gets up everyday, shovels the drive, and lets the dog out so that I can stay snug as a little bug in my house and play with my little lovey or frolic around with my friends and their little lovies.
#4. SNUGGLING and SNOOZING in MY bed! Oh, I love to do this, imparticularly with 2 boys and one pink blankie...there is nothing like laying in bed with your 2 favorite love bugs (and yes a Maci girl too!!) in your very own bed! Perfection!
#5. Open mouth kisses. This may sound strange, but it melts my heart to get one of these from Griffin...even though your face needs a raincoat to receive one. His face is so serious while coming in for it. Here's a shot of him smooching Elmo (his Christmas gift from us) in Griffy fashion.


#6. 1.2.3. Ryan. Abbi. Griffin. Family time starting new traditions, having dance parties to Chris Brown, Jordan Sparks, & Beyonce, playing in Elmo's restaurant together, opening gifts (and screaming when anyone unwraps!), just plain eating together...I feel so blessed to have my own little family in my own little place in this great big world.

#7. (on the materialistic side) Pottery Barn. Tiffany's. Kate Spade. Clinic make up. Joe's Jeans. Rocket Dog shoes. Starbucks, plain coffee or Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate...have it, it's amazing!!!!

#8. Sussies...unexpected surprises!


(this is such a fitting picture for this one, my favorite sussie!)

#9. PHOTOS and Christmas cards...and letters in general!

#10. SUGARLAND. My musical obsession. I was only going to do 10, but I have to put this one on here. I wish I was Jennifer Nettles. I want my hair to look like hers, Ryan thinks I may be stalking her...the song LOVE and ALREADY GONE and EVERYDAY AMERICA.....loving it, loving it!

#11. GOD. This sounds cheesy,I know...but I am so relived that He's got the whole world in his hands and He's the man with the plan....because if it was my plan I would still be sitting in bed wallowing. His PRESENCE in my life is my favorite PRESENT even though I don't always live...think...act like it, I am trying.


Thanks God, for sending your little bundle to earth. I know that I must be on your "favorite things list" because, I can't begin to imagine this kind of sacrifice, but I am humbled and grateful and trying to live out the hope of it daily.

And now I will pass this along...what are your favorite things???

2 comments:

andrea said...

i love your little top 11 list! the eccleston family is definitely on my favorite things list!

love love love you so so so much.

missy said...

so fun to read your favorite things! i'll have to check out the salted carmel hot chocolate. i'm intrigued. i'll definitely be going to playlist to listen to some sugarland now. happy new year, sweet friend!