Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Am I the only one with this problem??


"I tried a dessert called death by chocolate, but it only made me stronger..."
Ok, seriously I can't take these Christmas cookies.  I never feel like I have a real "Christmas season" eating problem.  Ok, sure for the few days I am with my family celebrating I stuff cookies, turkey, stuffing, pie, and whatever else is laying around down my throat until I am on the couch wishing I hadn't done that (come to think of it, this does kind of sound like a problem).  But this year I have been downing the pre-holiday cookies like it's my job.  Griffin has been really into Sesame Street lately, and can you guess which character I can honestly say I am most like...yes, Cookie Monster my friends, that is me.  I am pretty sure I hear them calling to me in the night, for breakfast...I consider them coffee cake, and I can pretty much come up with a trauma during any given day for which I need to eat a cookie in order to sit, ponder, and wallow in misery before I come around and eat a celebratory cookie.  I finally threw them out...and took them to the garage can otherwise I may never have made it to Christmas due to "too much cookie" or Ryan would have had to take me to cookie detox.  Considering I am diabetic and still carrying a few baby pounds (can I still say that??) I pray every night that it is baby carrots and celery sticks that drive me absolutely crazy, but alas it is only chocolate that can really claim my heart.  Darn it.  Maybe next year, it is right around the corner you know.  

No comments: