Monday, April 21, 2008

A very FULL weekend!

Griff & the girls
Uncle Jason
With little cousin (or 2nd cousin???) Drew
Eccleston Kids
Lee & Amanda
This weekend was jammed packed! We flew into Nebraska on Friday night to see Ryan's family and go to Ryan's cousin, Lee Sasser's wedding! Saturday was a beautiful day and we had a great time at the wedding.....aside from Ryan, Grandma Lori, and I all having colds! Then Sunday morning we flew out! My father in law would not agree, but I guess we didn't get enough pictures, because our camera is missing the whole family photo and a good shot of the bride and groom, but here's some shots at the church!



After the flight, we had a few hours to kill so we took Griff to his first trip to the zoo in Chicago! It was a glorious day and as we walked around the zoo, Ryan and I both realized how amazing it is to live close to this city. We went to the Lincoln Park Zoo, which was free! The lake is on one side, the city on the other, and if you go on a nice day, it is just such a cool experience. They also have a farm part of the zoo, where you can see farm animals, tractors, and just get the farm experience.....which was so great too! What was funny though, is that the #1 kind of person at the zoo yesterday were parents with children 1 year and younger pushing around their kids in strollers (like us)! At each exhibit the parents would pull their kid out of the stroller and point to the animal and say, "look at the zebras.....aren't they so neat!" (like us). And never once did the kid even really notice or have any idea what was going on (like Griffin)! And even though I realize that I joined the ridiculous "club" of people that are taking their kids to the zoo or show or whatever the event is, even though my babe has no idea, I know I am 100% there.......I am totally buying in! I want to cease each precious moment, that I remember even though he doesn't......I get these moments with him and he will have them with his kids. My parents still talk about swim lessons with me with this nostalgic look in their eyes.....and what are Ryan and I doing tonight.....meeting at Lifetime for swim lessons. I can't believe the privilege that it is to share this with him, even if he doesn't know it.....just like all the other first time parents at the zoo yesterday!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes! cows! maybe you'll be a dairy farmer grif...good profession indeed :)

glad you had a good time guys!

andrea said...

looks like a fun fun weekend!!
I love your hair Ab and Griff's little argyle sweater vest :)
The 3 of you are adorable!