Thursday, May 31, 2012

May - C Lu's first FULL month



Well, May certainly has blown by and there's been lots of "happy chaos" to fill each moment!

Let's start with Griff...


This guy is cool as a cucumber about finishing preschool and moving onto PRE K!  
Here he is all ready for beach day at school.  

***As a side note, I sent this pic out to our families and several members texted back, not with the typical..."oh Griff, so cute"...or "what a studly beach boy" that I was expecting.  Instead they were very concerned that he had actually hurt his arm.  I have no idea how they even spotted that white bandage on his arm in a tiny phone picture but none the less we alarmed some people!  Ha!  No worries though, Griff's arm is more than fine.  He is just into wrapping it in some bandages I found and playing doctor.  And I would hope a real doctor would do a better wrap job!  Ha ha!


Griff and I got to have a special morning together on his last day at school!  It was so fun to go with him and play games, read stories & make crafts!  He had a blast & I had some tears (all the moms did).  I am starting to realize that when your kids transition from phase to phase that mommies have to too!  We get just as attached to the schedules, people in our kids daily lives & comfort level we feel in a routine.  So, it took a few days for me to embrace that this next phase of life for Griff (& us) is going to be just as fun and familiar as the last one was and in no time at all we'll be dropping off Beanie at God's Gifts...but the two years here went WAY too fast!



Here's Griff with his teacher's Ms. Jones and Mrs. Stabile and his buddies John and Matt.  The people at this preschool are truly what has made it such a blessing to us these past two years and we are so thankful for sweet teachers and friends!

On to Beanie:


Isn't he just a sharp dressed man??!!  He is wonderfully almost 2.  My girlfriends and I have been doing a lot of laughing/crying over our toddlers who are equal parts adorable & pains in the tush!  And I am positive God made them that way so parents can make it through this phase.  He's like a mini tornado  every waking minute but his hugs, kisses, adorable language & chipped tooth smile make it hard to stay frustrated.  He's really coming along on his chatter, even if only Ryan or I can understand it & he's just such a big boy all of the sudden...wanting to be just like Griff with his car, gun & dinosaur sounds.  
Ah, to be a little boy!


And now on to our precious little "May Flower".  
May has been been BIG.  
She smiled at us for the first time...so beautiful!
She crossed state lines for the first time...to Michigan we will go!
She grew out of any chance of wearing 0-3 clothes and size 1 diapers!
It's so hard for me to not to focus on just how hectic things are around here to really enjoy this time and how this will probably be the last 1 month old baby I will have at my house.  BUT I know that's just more wasted time, so I am working on pushing those thoughts out and loving these milestones I have the privilege of seeing her through.


Crozi Lu...
You are mostly adorably pink, but can you blame me?  I've had two boys!!  You babble, are fussy at night, love snuggling and snoozing with dad & I and you have a very high tolerance for your brothers and all their "lovin"!  I adore waking up in the morning and seeing your sweet face in the basinet next me and feeling your little body snoozing on mine.  Do you know how much fun your hair accessory drawer is?  A blast!  And putting your nursery together has been a dream (maybe not for dad...he got stuck with all the painting, but he loves us both so he did it!!!)!  I'm still pinching myself over you!
Love you so much little girl.


And you also love all your "guy friends"!  Here you are just hanging out with Paul & Noah!

So to sum it up....
We're having fun.  We're getting little sleep.  We're feeling overwhelmed.  We're feeling the love from 3 precious peanuts.  We're trying to sneak in a few "mommy & daddy moments" and have had some success (Happy 7 years to us!!  We had a great date night to celebrate!)!  We're finding a new normal and it's chaos, but like I said, it's happy chaos (and of course sometimes not so happy!!) and that's the way I like to operate or that's the way I always have so I guess I'm just going with it!

And now it's onto June....

No comments: