Monday, September 12, 2011

Bye Summer, Hello Fall!

Well....it's been a month since I last posted. It's just been one of those months I guess! August felt looooooooong. All of our summer stuff ended during the week, so with nothingness for our activity, let's just say it took a toll on all of us. I don't recommend it, haha! I am already looking into some camps for next August:)!! Our weekends however were jam packed with LOTS going on, none of which I brought my camera to. Bummer! Let's just say that August was a jumble of BOYS (isn't it always at this house) and dirt and sunshine and parks and going to Michigan and seeing old friends and parties and walks and brothers and messes and fun and tired mommy and little men.

I did happen to catch the boys making pancakes one Saturday morning last month, a staple at the Eccleston house. Ry prides himself on making better pancakes this week than he did the last and he has acquired two small but mighty assistants.



Isn't he just a dolly? And a chatty dolly at that! He started saying GOG (translation: Dog or any type of animal or anything really, still we are so proud!) and waving and saying a mix of nigh night or bye bye. Such a precious age and thrill to hear what he will say next!

Then September rolled in with out any warning. The last Friday of August it was sunny and HOT and summer! Then out of no where Labor day turned chilly and cool and Fall, reminding us that all good things come to an end, and now it was summers turn. We were even invited to a pool party but no one was swimming, that's for sure. I of coarse took this as a sure sign it was time to light up my apple spice candles and bust out my pumpkins and autumn decor, which took about 2 weeks...I moved excruciatingly slow, good thing I started early! I've even already made chili for dinner, I love it when this season sweeps in and we were more than ready for it at our house!

Along with Fall starting come schedules and routine and for one little boy in our house...
SCHOOL!


I can't believe he's already starting his 2nd year! He absolutely was thrilled to go, and the more we talked about it, the more excited he got! He's going Monday/Wednesday/Friday this year and he loves his new teacher Mrs. Jones, who is just a sweet heart! On Friday they had to wear there favorite color and of coarse Griffin wore none other than RED!



The school year, for me seems to make time fly! It's like we just did this last year and now we are on to a new year, new teachers, new challenges and new chances to grow! I am sure by May we'll be even more grown up and I'll be amazed again, at how time just slips by us! He is suddenly using all kinds of hilarious phrases and is interested in things that just seem a little more "big boy" to me. Not only that, he LOVES to chat. This kid can just chat your ear off. Ryan and I frequently look at each other and say the line from Finding Nemo, "you're very cute, but I have no idea what you are saying!" Still a lover of Cars, trucks, dirt, racing and anything that involves constantly moving, Griffin is just quite a BOY. I'm so looking forward to watching him learn and grow this year, our first goal is letter recognition!

So, that's about it from us for the moment. We have school and bible study and MOPS and the daily in between. And we have more busy months ahead, so stay tuned!

No comments: