Monday, January 26, 2009

ehhhh....it's January......

Well, well, well here we are smack dab in the middle of January, which always seems to be a month for me that not only brings a lot of snow, but also literally feels like trudging through a blizzard in my swim suit. After almost a month and a half of life on a sugar high I always feel like it's hard to get dropped off in the frigid month of January...but every year we end up in the same place, fighting through the blowing winds and freeeeezing temps dreaming of short sleeves, days at the park, and flip flops. Every January I seem to be fighting the same set of winter blues that I can't seem to shake until I can see that the snow is starting to melt, the suns out a little longer and that Spring is on it's way. Especially now with Griffin it's hard to be cooped up all day and even if we can go out, we have to bundle him up so much he can barely walk. So I decided to fill you in on what's been going on and help bring up my moral I would make a list of positives that January brings...
1. snowy day activities and hot chocolate


2. birthdays of my sister Ali and our friend Erin that we got to celebrate...

3. this year, a trip to Florida with the Richards



Grandpa and Griffin making juice with Florida oranges



One day we rented a boat and the whole family cruised around...

I love to drive!!

and

4. it's a new year FULL of new adventures to come and if we wait long enough...warmer weather:)

HAPPY JANUARY!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

okay to be completely cheesy,
i am freezing in oklahoma right now and there is ice on my window. but my heart is warm, and i have tears in my eyes because i love his little face so much...and i miss you all so, so much. love. you. grifff!!! let's play in the snow together someday, kay?