Friday, August 1, 2014

Beanie Boy is 4


7.10.14
Our little red headed wonder is 4 years old.

Beanie Boy...
I can remember almost every detail about those days you were first with us...maybe because there wasn't any labor this time or maybe it was just because I realized how fragile you and the time you would be this new really were.  Sweet and precious and snugly and I was taken!

4 years later, I still feel the same.  You are such a tenderhearted sweet boy.  
That is not to say that you don't also know how to bring on the rain, in fact we sometimes call you our little Eeyore, haha.  But when you smile, it lights up the room and our hearts.  You have the best little giggle and dimple around.  I can't get enough of your sweet unprompted kisses and I LOVE YOUs!  They melt my heart.  And you are still a great snuggler.....although dad might disagree...he seems to think you kick him any chance you get. 

For you it's been the year of:

1. Gluten Free:  We've been trying a gluten free diet for almost a year now and it seems to be working!  Hopefully in time we'll get more answers but for now you seem more comfortable!  You ask all the time if each part of our meal is gooo-tin free and it's adorably heartbreaking!  You also like to steal some bread and crackers once in a while too, but you really are a good sport about the whole thing!

2.  Dragons:  You've been in love with anything dragon this year...books, the movie and you have been telling our neighbor for months that you're getting a pet a dragon any day.  So far no dragon has arrived, but we do have several small toy ones that are getting the job done!

3. Building:  Dad says you are our tiny engineer!  You will sit alone and tinker with blocks or Lego's and come up with some pretty cool stuff!  You also love puzzles.  You're a thinking man!

4.  Sleeping: It's still not a strong point.  It's pretty tough for you to get yourself relaxed enough to sleep but you conk out when you finally do!

5.  Crosbi:  You sure love your sister.  You also fight a lot with her, but I catch you holding hands and scheming up trouble together more often than not.  You two have given me a run for my money.  I may have lost a year or two off my life this year!  haha!

6. NO SHOES:  you never want to wear shoes.  You take them off everywhere and drive me nuts because we are constantly losing them...in stores or in public, all the sudden you are just barefoot.  
Ei yi yi!  I am trying to really drive home the importance of "no shoes, no shirt, no service" but you seem to be taking the Kenny Chesney approach of "no shoes, no shirt, no problem"! Ha!  Oh well, dirty Flinstone toes is what we have this summer for sure!

7. Your smile, dimple & giggle:  I mentioned these before but we love them!  When you bust them out they light up our house and we can't imagine it without them....YOU!  

Beanie, we love you so very much!  Your red hair, adorable freckles, precious 4 year old way of saying things and interpreting the world & silly giggle help make our world go round!  We pray for your life and for many many more reasons to celebrate it!  You are loved my sweet son!  
Happy 4th!

MOM                


Gluten free cake in what else...Chocolate!


Gluten free birthday donut (which you hated, so I bought you a real doughnut and you licked the frosting off of it...hey it's your birthday!!!)


LOVE this pic!  You'll always be my babe & my buddy!


You ate up every celebration you could get this year...loved being the bday boy!


Here's you with my stolen sun glasses.  You have started to ask for sunglasses this summer so I think that it must be true, red heads really are more sensitive to light and you might have a lot of glasses wearing in your future kiddo!


My handsome boys!

We love you Sawyer Richard.  

No comments: