Monday, August 8, 2011

TOO Hot to Handle

So, if you live ANYWHERE just about in the United States you have been sweating to the 80s this summer! And all over flowers and grass and kids are wilting in this extreme heat, so we've been trying our best to keep occupied indoors. It's been challenging, but we're making it and every once in a while we get a breeze that feels like heaven itself reaching down and we truck it outside.

But back to the HOTNESS!!!!!
We decided last week to make some play dough on just such a hot and stingy day.


Here's what we used:
2 cups flour
2 cups warm water
1 cup salt
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon cream of tartar (optional for improved elasticity)
food coloring (liquid, powder, or unsweetened drink mix)


Then MIX and HEAT!
Easy peasy!

The hardest part is probably mixing in the colors, which I envisioned Griffin loving, but after a few squeezes he just wanted to watch:)!



And we made 10 colors! The only victim??


My hands...but it came off clean in the next few days.


Then, we played! Annnndddd, my cookie cutters got to dust themselves off and get to work after a long stint in the cupboard with no use.
(I am an epic failure at roll out cookies...I should try again sometime!)


Griff's rainbow T-REX! ROAR!!!!


My thoughts exactly:)!
(sorry I can't get this pic flipped)

And to get us back in gear for school to start...




Some G practice!
Watch out 4 year old preschool, here he comes!

There, so now 2 things down...

#1. I now fore filled my desire for a "how to" (which this could very vaguely be considered:)!) and I now I very vaguely feel like all those craft bloggers or like the pioneer woman!

and #2. I've filled you in on life here! Watch out! We're getting crazy! It's supposed to cool down this week though thankfully and hopefully we'll have some opportunities to get out and enjoy the rest of summer!

1 comment:

AAA said...

Love it! So many colors! Good job guys!