Sunday, July 17, 2011

The BIG 1














My red headed little wonder of a Beanie man,


Happy 1st Birthday! I’ve actually been trying to avoid the fact that this day was so quickly approaching these last few weeks, but here we are. Unbelievable that a whole year has already passed. In so many ways it seems that I could close my eyes and take myself right back to the day, and that’s where we should be right now. As I write this a year ago now I was probably just holding you for the first time and studying your sweet face and marveling over the fact that you came out bright red. What a perfect and sweet little bundle.






What amazes me most so far about having kids is how it draws me closer and takes me deeper with the Lord than I ever thought possible. You and Griffin both have played such a significant role in my walk just merely by the timing of your arrivals, and then so far beyond that. When I got rolled down to see you, Sawyer, and they put you in my arms I immediately felt like God was putting a little band aide on my heart. The year before you arrived will probably always be counted as one of the hardest for me, and when you arrived God helped me to close that chapter and begin a new one. I have just so enjoyed each moment of it too. I LOVED every part of having a baby, even the getting up in the night. As many times as I could in those early morning feedings I just thanked God over and over and over again that I had a healthy baby boy to get up and feed and snuggle and fall in love with. I know that this past year will be one of the biggest treasures of my life and again, I just feel humbled and so very thankful that I had the gift of this experience. I love snuggling and feeding you and singing twinkle, twinkle as I lay you down to bed and seeing your face light up as I walk towards you. I have tried so hard to savor every moment. I hate to close the door on this chapter. I hate to see you off into toddler hood already. You didn’t stay here long enough. I could just live right here with you for a long time and be perfectly happy. But I know that’s not how God built us. I know we both have to keep going because God has so much more ahead for us. I read a quote the other day that said something to the effect of, it kills you to watch your kids grow up but it would kill you even more if you didn’t get to. Ain’t that the truth??!!!



I just want you to know what a gift you are…how much I am praying for your life…how much you have changed my life and heart…how confident I am that you are exactly the person that was supposed to be in our family next. I am so thankful for you.








My prayer for your life is simple. I want God to protect your heart, mind, body & soul for him and for his plan for your life and I want you to walk in it. That alone will produce all the other things that I am dreaming about for you. I can assure you that it is true because I am walking in it myself. Life really is so beautiful, remember that and choose JOY and a lot of it, both things that I am learning from you! Someday we can talk and share and pray through all of these things. For now though, I am just going to keep enjoying each day for the day and each milestone that I am privileged enough to see you through. There are a lot of things about you boys being little I know I will forget, but the way I feel when you settle into my arm is something that won’t ever. You are sewn into the very fabric of my story and pressed on my heart. I love you so much Sawyer Richard Eccleston. Happy first birthday. I hope we will be spending many many many more together. Thank you for being the little blessing that you are, and thank you God for this miracle in my life. I am beyond humbled and thankful to be a mother, even on the hardest of days.




Momma:)



12 month stats:


In the last month you have started to walk and now you cruise all over the place. I really don’t even see you crawling any more. You are still working on getting out just a few words that we can kind of make out, but momma is a clear one. You have little grunt you use to talk about Griffy and you even squeak out a Dada! You eat like a starving pack of wolves and if we are a little slow on loading up the next bite you are sure to let us know. Your demeanor is so sweet and you are content to just sit and play and smile at all of us as long as someone you know if close for a quick snuggle. BUT you are still a stinker too, lots of screaming, you are SO impatient when you're hungry and when you want something you WANT it!! You’re pretty sensitive and if someone tells you no or you think you might be in trouble you don’t hesitate to pop that bottom lip out and bust out the saddest face we’ve ever seen. You still blow out of way too many diapers and daddy and I are always trying to clean poop off of your legs in a remote corner of some parking lot with miscellaneous napkins because we forgot wipes. You can’t wait until you can go as fast as your brother so you can join him in shenanigans! You were 50% on height & weight at your 1 year appointment and over 95% for head circumference!

No comments: