Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy half Beanie Man

Happy half birthday dear beanie...happy half b-day to you!




Now I am not usually one to go crazy over half birthdays...but, I can't help but celebrate this kid!! Oh sweet boy, 6 months ago today I held you for the first time. It seems like forever ago in the way that I can barely remember a day before there was a you and also seems like it was yesterday that I was snuggling you as a teenie tiny new born. Now you are not so teenie but you are still tiny and oh so snugly and you have the most delicious rolls all down your arms and thighs and tummy. Your smile is absolutely to die for and you only laugh a half little snicker that we think is so funny and are waiting on pins and needles to hear the rest of it. You weighed in at the doctor at 18.4 pounds and 26 inches (both in the 75 %) and your head circumference was in the 95%. You have 3 tiny teeth, 2 you got before Christmas and 1 you got after the new year and with these teeth has come many a sleepless night. You are really testing both your parents with your sleeping patterns as of late kiddo, but you are worth it and after a cup or two or three of coffee....I forget all together what happened the night before. You started eating fruits and veggies thus I have been steaming and baking up and blending up many an apple, pear and sweet potato and filling our freezer with these delicious baby treats and you in turn are gobbling them up! You're sitting almost all by yourself and holding your body up on your front arms. Your affection for all things "griffy" continues to grow and before I know it, you will be quite a dynamic duo of trouble for me. Last night, the night you turned 6 months old I sat on my bed and held you for a long time thanking God for you and praying over your life. You and Griffin fill up my heart like none other!

The last 6 months have truly been a dream for me little boy, you are just the addition I prayed for all those months. Love you Beanie.

I had to get just one more pic with the "brothers" shirts on before you grow out of the sweet onsie...

Here is the first one (Griffin: just 3 Beanie: 2 weeks)...

And here is probably the last set (Griffin: 3 1/2 Beanie: 6 months)
We started out pretty happy...


...and down we go...


did you guess that the truck Griff was holding got dropped on his head and is peaking out from hehind now??!!? It's never a dull moment...


but don't worry, they made up at bath time:)!

and we called it a day!
here is my sweet sleepy 6 month old babe, looks like such a peaceful little lamb...



God Speed little man, we love you!

No comments: